Extended Review for I-485 ????

endretro

Registered Users (C)
Today I got a mail from USCIS , Nebraska Service Center saying this.

"Service records indicate that your I-485 application, EAC######### has been selected for extended review. You will be contacted if any additional information is needed or when a decision is made. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause"

This was in response to my call inquiring about my I-485 being out of status. I had very recently come to know that my NC has been cleared (letter from FBI in response to my mail to First Lady) and was waiting for a speedy approval.

Any one else in the same boat or have any idea as to what this means. It is already 2 years that my 485 is pending.

I am guessing - this might be the new wording for the traditional 60 days email with Immigration officer....
Never heard of this specific email message, earlier...

But.....

I am guessing - this might be the new wording for the traditional 60 days email with Immigration officer....
Never heard of this specific email message, earlier...

I thought the same too initially, but the "sorry" part confuses me, why would be have to be sorry for the petition taking long because of security check etc?

Today I got a mail from USCIS , Nebraska Service Center saying this.

"Service records indicate that your I-485 application, EAC######### has been selected for extended review. You will be contacted if any additional information is needed or when a decision is made. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause"

This was in response to my call inquiring about my I-485 being out of status. I had very recently come to know that my NC has been cleared (letter from FBI in response to my mail to First Lady) and was waiting for a speedy approval.

Any one else in the same boat or have any idea as to what this means. It is already 2 years that my 485 is pending.

uscis are confused. just let your senator office or congressman open a congressional liaison with uscis. this will make things much clearer and easier. just go ahead and ask the help of congress person.