Explantion for VSC processing times

DV485

Registered Users (C)
A lot of posts on this board have appeared about the confusing processing times in VSC. Here is the explantion:

File maintenance date 10/24/01: the time they verify the mails are out of danger(anthrex, etc.). This is essential since of 9/11, particularly of 10/13, when an anthrex mail arrived at VSC.

Incoming mail date 9/5/01: After maintenance (notice: all the mails that have not yet been opened are suject to such maintenance), they put them in order of consecutive date.

Date of Entry 8/29/01: the time they enter your application information to their computer systems for review. As soon as this is done, those guys whose applications are sent before this date will be sent the Notice.

Thanks for the info, but still have questions !!

What is the source of this info ?
If 8/29 is the Date of Entry, why people with 8/22 are still waiting for the receipts ?

Just believe me...

That is often the case. The answer is: the fact that all mails are opened on the same day does not necessarily mean those applications (in those mails) are entered at the same time, thus the receipts cannot be sent at the same time. This depends on the INS agents and the qualities of the packages (e.g. how well they are packed and ordered by you guys).

I-485 timings

Can some one please highlight what are the current timings at Vermont Center for processing the I-485.

Also, a lot of messages had the terms RD,ND, FP (Finger Printing). could some one explain that too?

Thanks in advance!

See my input helps you guys in infering

Hi all,
   I sent my EAD and AP renewal to VSC on 10/27/01 and on 11/5/01 My checks has been encashed.

Good luck all

RD , ND , FP what they mean

RD is the date that VSC received your I-485 application.

ND is the date they issued and send you a receipt for the I-485 application.

FP is the date they schedule to take your fingerprints at the nearest INS office. The schedule and the address of the INS office is put on the fingerprint notice that you are sent.

So it is only for Mail related times.

The actual RD that they are processing is not stated at all right?

About the RD

RD is not mentioned in the Times at all. However, you can estimate it is very close to the Entry Date. Basically you could take it for granted that it is roughly equal to the RD.

Since 911 disaster and the anthrex terror of 10/13, INS has to change its style for anouncement.

EAD Renewal

What is your RD and ND. When did the earlier EAD expire. Did you find out if you could go to the local office for this?