Expiry date of advance parole vs 485 status

munnabhai02

Registered Users (C)
hello
I traveled to India in Aug 2002 (EAD) and came back on 1st September 2002. At the port of entry, the IIO scrutinized my papers for validity by entering the EAC's in the computer and was satisfied. I was cleared without any hitch.
The IIO stamped the advanced parole which goes like this:
'Authorized to stay in US until 1st September 2003.'
My Parole expires in July 2003. Do I need to renew it just because of this date mentioned on my advance parole?
or pending I-485 adjustment status will protect me.
Good day
RD- Jan02
ND- Feb02

it would be best to check with your attorney..

but I think your 485 pending status protects you......

You need to get a new AP by July if you want to travel during July or August. (Just asked that question yesterday when I visited a local BCIS office). Hope this helps.

Thanks very much
I donot wish to travel until my GC is processed.
But reading some of the posts, I guess, the dates stamped on AP at the port of entry during pending adjustment are solely related to traveling.
The reason I asked this question was because of the wording
'Authorized to stay in US until 1st September 2003.'
Inspite of the IIO's knowledge that 485 is pending.
My lawyer has not given any opinion on this. Has advised to renew AP again just to avoid any conflicts later on.I also feel the same. since its just a matter of spending some more money and saving the skin.
thanks and appreciate

you don't need to renew your ap to stay in status

I am in the same boat and I confirmed with my attorney and with other sources as well. YOu need Ap , if you are travelling. But If you have applied 485 , you are allowed to stay in US until it is approved. You need EAD or H-1 to work while this wait.

I hope this clarifies it.

Thanks RDMAR02
This sharing of info by you has given me confidence.
Do you also have the same stamp when you entered the US?

yes it is the same stamp, it is called

something DA-512( don't remember exactly), authorization to stay till this date. same stamp on H-1