Expired Student Visa

ViewSonic

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My student visa expired on March 2005 but was still on F1 status. I have since graduated and was on OPT from July 1 2005 to June 30 2006. I applied for H1B in May 2006 and yesterday it got approved (via email and I haven't received the paperwork yet.)

Based on my understanding, I don't have to get a H1B visa unless I want to leave the US and then return. Am I correct? Also, what documents should I bring to the consulate to get a H1B visa?

GotPR or Great_Guru, would you please advice?

Thanks.

It depends on how USCIS approved your H1b petition. If the approval comes with I 94 at bottom as COS you are OK, otherwise you have to get out of US to get your H1 visa stamped before entring US.
ViewSonic said:
Hi,

My student visa expired on March 2005 but was still on F1 status. I have since graduated and was on OPT from July 1 2005 to June 30 2006. I applied for H1B in May 2006 and yesterday it got approved (via email and I haven't received the paperwork yet.)

Based on my understanding, I don't have to get a H1B visa unless I want to leave the US and then return. Am I correct? Also, what documents should I bring to the consulate to get a H1B visa?

GotPR or Great_Guru, would you please advice?

Thanks.