Expired I-94...How to come back to US...pls help

gsingh72

Registered Users (C)
I applied for canada PR in April 2002 and completed medicals(no interview reqd) . CIC asked for some updated documents
which I would sending next week .Now I am awaiting passport request and landing papers.
My H1 visa stamp(completing 6 yrs) + I-94 are expiring on 15 Jan 2004. I have applied last week for 7th yr H1 visa extension .

My question is -

If I get the passport request after 15 Jan 2004, then how can I land in Canada as well as come back to US ?

1) If 7th yr extension gets approved, then I can go to Canada based on new I-797 but to come back to US,
I would be needing a new H1 stamp in my passport . Can I do H1 stamping in Canada ? If they denied stamping then what?

2) Or should I do H1 stamping in US first, before landing in Canada ? It takes about 3-4 months for stamping and I am afraid would CIC be giving that
much time for passport request and landing? What to do ?

Worried....Would appreciate if anyone can reply.....thanks!

I guess if you have the new I797 with a valid I94 on it. then you don't need to go for stamp.

of course, you could go for stamp as well in canada

So that means,
once h1 7th yr extension is approved and I get a new I-797 with new I-94 card, I can go to Canada and enter US without any problem ( I can probably then do h1 stamping in US later )..

pls let me know..thanks,