Experts, please help with I94

song ls

Registered Users (C)
I have lost my I-94. Will it affect my I-485 approval? If so, how I can apply for a new I-94? Thanks.

No Title

Don\'t post such ridiculous messages on this board. Simply go the INS webstie and get the answers to your questions. Getting you I-94 replaced is a simple matter. It\'s basically a formality for which you will need to incur some time and expenses.

No Title

If you have an original H1B approval form, it should have a detachable portion that says I94. You can use this as long as you have not travelled since the issue of this form. Otherwise, you may speak to an attorney to get a copy of the I94 back. Losing I94 could case an issue at the time of the interview as they may ask for I94.

Hope this helps.
Bhanu

No Title

if u don\'t have any plans of going outside the country, then just
wait for your 485 approval. once ur approved, i think INS does not
care about i-94.

but if u plan to leave the country, apply for a replacement. forms
and instructions should be in the INS website.

go to http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.eef9093
for additional info.

good luck.

No Title

While I want to thank nice people like Lurker2 and Bhanu Kuchibhotia for their very helpful suggestions, I really dislike person like you to act as web police here. Please do not behave in that way. God bless you.
  New Comer

No Title

Lurker2:
   Thank you for your help. I am so glad that in the world there are more nice people than mean person.

No Title

Song Is,

Dil Pe mat le, yaar! (Don\'t take it(illfeeling) to heart)!! The GC wait is painful and frustrating. I suppose, HVN is eager to see approval postings rather than enquiry/advice postings. It is the situation which is simulating this friction.

HVN,
I understand your situation. Been there, done that. Since i am also waiting. But, let others share their personal opinions.

No Title

You can get a new I-94 without travelling outside. B\'coz i got the same problem recently. I got my new I-94. All you have to do is goto INS website and download a form called "Replacement of Initial Arrival record ( I-94)" ( I forgot the form number ) and attch copy of your H1B and a recent paystub , if possible a letter from employer stating that you are working with that company. You have to pay $85 application fee. One more thing is you don\'t have to goto an attorney for this. For me it took exactly 2 months to get it from INS VSC. If you have any further questions let me know.