Experts Please Advice

ppacharu

Registered Users (C)
The name on the green card has only the initial for the second word in my first name. Do I need to this corrected or its okay.

Let say name is
Rrrrr Ppppp ( first name )
Xxxxx ( last name )

The plastic card has Xxxxx, Rrrrr P ( only initial P )

Please advice.

Thanks JoeF, But

But my name does not have a middle name. Is it okay to have the second word of the first name as initial ??

No Title

Cards usually have the last name, first name(in that order). You may have to file a I-90. There were several postings in this board, where last name and first name have been switched.

Thanks, But

My last name and first name are not switched. Please refer to the orignal posting.

Appreciate your advise.

No Title

I dont understand your question: how can your first name have two words (assuming words are separated by white spaces)? If you mean that your first name, which in your passport is only one single word, has been broken into two separate words by the INS, then you may have to file I-90.

No Title

Cant help it, my first name has 2 words and they are separated by spaces, INS has not broken into two words.

Hope this helps. Do I need to file a i-90 ??

No Title

If your first name has two words then the first word (by convention)
is your first name and the second word becomes your middle name ...
so there is nothing wrong with your GC. As long as your GC and your passport match I dont see why you should worry. Typically the only places where you use your GC are to show eligibility to work, to travel and on some applications ... I dont see any problem there.