Experts on Affidavits: Please suggest ASAP

kirankumarj

Registered Users (C)
My wife got a RFE for birth cerificate. I was waiting for her affidavit to arrive from India.

Since I have only 2 ,3 days left to mail the response, what would be the best alternative ? Can I get it from her cousins, staying in USA?

kirankumarj said:
My wife got a RFE for birth cerificate. I was waiting for her affidavit to arrive from India.

Since I have only 2 ,3 days left to mail the response, what would be the best alternative ? Can I get it from her cousins, staying in USA?

Can you have the affidavit faxed to you? If so, that could be used to respond to the RFE before the clock runs out. In the meanwhile, have your folks send the original by the fastest mode of transport. As always, please check with your attorney if this could be a good idea.

Cheers

I think we need to send copies only- not originals unless USCIS asks for it. I heard it from my friend who submitted the copies only.

abcd123_123_3 said:
I think we need to send copies only- not originals unless USCIS asks for it. I heard it from my friend who submitted the copies only.

I had similar problem and requested by family to scan it and send it as an e-mail attachment. I took printout of the same and submit to USCIS. All of them are accepted by them :)

You can provide affidavits from your cousins staying in usa. Only requirement is that they shoud be living in India at the time of your birth. Don't wait for the affidavits from india for responding RFE. First submit response alongwith school certificates and local affidavits.

thanks for the suggestions!!

Thank god !! I just got them yesterday evening and mailing them today !!

Thanks to this wonderful forum !!

Should the person giving the Affidafit be living in the same city as your birth place?

I was born in Vizag and my parents moved to Hyderabad when i was 2 years old . I do not know any relative living in Vizag since most of them are in Hyderbad .Can they give me an affidafit .
Ps my passport states I was born in Vizag

Yes. Surely.

The person giving affidavit, states his/her age and the relation to your mom/dad.

They need not mention the place they were born.