Experts, advice needed to get Canadian Landing Stamp, eventhough I got US GC.

vsshah

Registered Users (C)
Dear Experts,

I have got USA Green card this month. And I will get my canadian landing paper within 1 month.

My brother(He is 27) is planning to apply for Canadian PR.
So, If I have Canadian landing stamp. He can get 5 extra points under adaptability (on brother is in Canada).

So, I am planning to visit Canada and get 'landing stamp' on my passport.

I have already I-551 stamp(USA Greencard) on my passport.

1. When I will enter in Canada, Can my USA GC affect 'Landing Process to Canada' ?

2. When I will enter in Canada, Can 'landing stamp of Canada' affect my USA GC ?

3. When I will enter back in USA, Can 'landing stamp of Canada' affect my USA GC ?

4. What way I should choose to enter in Canada(Air or Road-detroit) ?

Please guide me, it will help my brother to increase his points and me to maintain my USA GC.

Thanks,

vsshah.

I guess if you have GC in US then you may not be able to get Canadian PR stamp in your passport. You can keep either of one. Now due to new law change on canada side (that person can stay away from canada for 3 years out of 5), you might be able to explain the canadian officer that you want canadian PR because after couple of years (like one or two). You might want to settle down in the canada and that is why you want to get your passport to be stamped for canadian PR. But still be aware of this thing that even while coming back from canada to US. US immigration officer might ask you to give up one of the PR (This has happen to so many people and so many people has managed to have two PR together). Either canada or US. So it's little confusing and it is better to drop one of the PRs.

It is better to go by road and there is one more thing that while coming back from canada to US just show your GC insted of passport. Because if you will show your passport then US immigration officer will come to know that you have canadian PR.

About getting 5 points for your brother, let me tell you couple of things. If your brother is qualified then he would not have problem in totaling the points without your 5 points. Second thing is Canadian immigration office might consider your stay in canada to give these 5 points to your brother. I guess you will not have enough time spent in canada to give your brother 5 points benifite. So better give up Canadian PR and live peacefully. I guess doing all this wrong stuff for minor advantages doesn't pay good.. it some times comes back and creates problems.

This is my advise according to my knowlege. Please also contact or get advise from some one else like lawyer or someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rinku & Mercury, Thanks..

Rinku & Mercury, Thanks..

Well, my borther is having BSc(Chemistry), 1 yr. TULEC computer diploma and MCSD certified, and having 4+ years IT experience. But, he is single(So, lost 4-5 points). No arranged Employment(lost 10 points). No Relative in Canada(lost 5 points). No French Knowledge(lost 8 points). So, He is going to loose 28 points. So, he can reach max 72 points. Requirement is 75 points.

I dont think, he will get marry. But, he has joined 4 month's french speaking course in India. It's fee receipt may increase some points. And Lawyer will arrange some informal 'Employment Letter'. May be it can help. Planning to file PR for him from Haiti(South America) through lawyer.

That's why, I was thinking to increase this 5 points.
I think, I will go for that, and try to follow your suggestions.

By reading above story, if you think to give more ideas, that will be great help. My Email: vs_shah@hotmail.com. If possible, send me your emails.

Thanks,

Very easy to find out that dependent can land before that Primary applicant or not. Call Canadian Immigration office at Toronto. They are very helpful in replying answers. I am not sure about this, so I can suggest only this thing to you.

Here is the Toronto Canadian immigration office number
(416) 973-4444.

Last edited by a moderator: