Expert advice needed: EAD expiring soon...

AverageJoe

Registered Users (C)
My iEAD is expiring on oct 10th. The replacement EAD I had applied for is approved (on sept 24) according to the INS online status but I haven't received yet. In case I don't get it by Oct 10th what are my options?

Can I continue working and wait for EAD or file for lost EAD in case I don't get it for a long enuf time?

I hear that local INS will refuse to give me iEAD as my original EAD is approved.

Please advise.

I got EAD for self & spouse by mail within 6 days(including Sat & Sun) after approval. After approval, status changes to 'card ordered'. When card is mailed , status changes to card mailed. Though it says to wait for 14 days for mailing of card, ti should not take more than 3-4 days. For me, it took only 2 days. Check the status online to see if card was mailed.

Novis

ThanX for your reply. I just checked today, the status is still:

This case has been approved. On September 24, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

In the past I have seen the status remain at "approved" but still get the card.

Anyway, I cannot depend on getting the card by the last day. Given the track record (or actually lack of it) of BCIS, I have to start planning in case it doesn't

Call your lawyer? He/She should be able to advise. In the forum, I have seen it is OK to work even if the EAD has expired if the company for I485 & EAD are same. I saw in the forum that USCIS has said that it depends on the company if it wants to allow you to work in such a case. USCIS is not bothered about it and I read one case where the company did not have any objection.

Also u might want to call NCS to check if it was indeed mailed.