Experience with modified oath

well,
let us put it in a more optimistic way>>>
i have never heard a case get rejected for a applicant not willing to take up arms(religious reason).
infact if u go through vai patels thread i have givena link from n400 manual...where it clearly states tht modified oath is a definite option for people not willing to take arms as they will be asked to perform non combat duties...
only problem is it willl get delayed,but i see no reason why it has to get denied.

If you have not heard it before -- you did now -- the case is mine.

My expirience with the modified oath

Hello:

I promised to report back on my experience with the modified oath.

In short - everything went well without a problem. I had my interview and oath on Nov 15, 2006, my PD was 7/10/06. The whole interview took about 10 minutes, the IO did not ask any question regarding the modified oath request and just told me to leave the words regarding "bear arms" out when speaking the oath.

I did submit with my application a personal statement, letter from pastor as well as documentation about my conscientious objector status from my old country.

So in summary requesting a modified oath did not at all cause any negative side effects. I wanted to share this experience and would encourage others to request a modified oath if you have an issue with "bearing arms" or other portions of the oath.

Also thanks to all the good advice in this great forum!

JU58
Hi, I will be submitting my application soon. Would you mind sharing a little on how you started your statement? Thank you! I can't find much info on this.