Experience with Immigration Consultants

Permanand

I would like to start this thread to that we can start gathering our experiences with the various Immigration Consultants that are out there for Canadian Immigration....Let us also put some effort into building a knowledge base that can be used to address malpractices and unfair practices on part of these entities...I think these people have been taking unfair advantage of a lot a us immigrants and we need to start coming together as a community.

Never go to Kam international: I do not know if they changed their name or something. They are crook, took my money and never send a wriiten contract. They never return my money back even after withdrawing my application and 100 of calls and 1000s of email.

Beware of them and let other people also know about them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for starting this thread and sharing experience.

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing experience. I appreaciate it.

Can anyone give me names/website/phone of any good immigration consultants in/around NEW YORK CITY. Thanks a lot!!

I found from my friend
Never go to DDAAVVIIDD CCOOHHEENN law firm - Canada

My frined case is applied in August 2002 and do not have any clue so far, where as people applied in Nov 2002 are getting Medicals/landing papers.
EVerybody will talk smart before they get ur money , after that
they do not care , cock suckers they are.

Tahnks

another negative report: maple

Maple ( in bay area) is yet another consultant that fleeces you.

The point to remember is
a) an immigration consultant will NOT speed up process (xthe officials in maple admitted this after some prodding) NOR will they do anything in case your application gets stuck
b) What they can do is be very orderly in the papework. Respond to the letters from consulate in time and so on. However, all this happens only if the person who is assigned to your case is diligent. At times they don't care(heck some persons in Maple can't even speak English properly) or are plainly inefficient (it took them 1 month to tell me that my assessment has been received and that too when I called)

So until and unless you can spare a few thousand dollars - don't go for immigration consultants OR are very bad about maintaining your paperwork , don't go for a consultant.
Instead, go to newsgroups, be very diligent about the instructions in the form, ask people around and apply. Contrary to conventional opinion, my experience has been that advice from immigration newgroups / trackers and fellow applicants is more uptodate then those from the lawyers

I think this is a good thread.

For me, I never used any attorney for filing my application for immegration to Canada; as it doesn't make any diffrence as almost all steps are described step by step in their correspondence and/or on web site: www.cic.gc.ca

I did use attorney for signing my papers for my PR card as my guarrantor though and she was good.

Mayank