Experience using AP at Atlanta Airport

ThakurSahab

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Could you please post you experience on using AP at Atlanta airport ? My six years on H-1 are expiring on Nov 27th and my company does'nt want to file for 7th year extension, instead they want me to use AP for my travel to India in Dec ? And I'm bit scared doing that because I dont have any backup ? Many of us have been in this situation and please help me know how you guys dealt with it.

Has anyone had any bad experience at Atlanta using AP ? I would appreciate your inputs........

Thank you....

just came back from India...to Newark...the immig officer stamped my AP and gave it back...no issues

ThakurSahab,

Take it easy man, you are stressing out too much. My friend's trip was recent, 3 months back and she didn't have any problems.

Just take atleast two originals and one or two copies also, because sometimes airlines and officer at POE ask for a copy.

The only problem I faced while entering on AP at Atlanta airport was that they are very slow and it took around 5 hours for them for the whole process.

ThakurSahab

Please take it easy. Just take all your documents with you, its always a very simple process anywhere with least questions asked. I have entered US at defferent places with AP thrice & I have never faced any issue. As long as your documents are proper it will go smooth, don't forget to bring your EAD.

So just relax & enjoy your trip.

TP

Tpillai,
Thank yoy for the information, I'm planning of carrying all documnets, I have already started stuffing then in my LapTop.

Frantic,
It took you 5 hrs...damn, so it looks like I will get home after midnight, I will be returning around 7:00 pm.

Also I hope the new VISIT system that USCIS is planning to implement do not cause any problem for me, I will be returning on the day it is supposed to go live(Jan 5th). :-(.