Experience on Travelling to USA by road?

Can Some One Go By Air And Come Back By Air

Can Some One Go By Air And Come Back By Air

Hello Guys

I Am From Pakistan And Wants To Go To Canada By Air So That I Can Be On My Exit Registeration . But I Want To Come Back By Road . I Want To Go To Canada For My Pr Card . I Have No Plan To Apply H1b1 From Canada .

Can I Do So ........................

Also Please Can Any Body Tell Me If I Am Going By Road In Which Boader The Exit Registeration Facilities Are Available So That I Can Go Through That Boader .

Is There Any Pakistani Here Who Has Recently Gone To Canada For Pr And Has Come Back Using Automatic Visa Validation Rule

Guys Please Help Since I Am Very Worried

Thks
45 DAYS LOVE LETTER REPLIED 11/15/2005
CASE # P-5111-xxxx-xxxx
WAITING TIME AS OF 06/26/2006 4 YEARS

Out of status. Need to land in Canada. Best way to travel?

shekaree said:
People,

I am from Pakistan, my wife Japanese and my child American. I took my personal car, bank statemnet $35,000, travelers checks $8000 and cash $7000 with me.

I drove from North Carolina, USA to Peace Bridge in New York with my wife and my 2 year old child.

At US border, they stamped my passport and we enter Canada.

----------- message truncated ------------

QUOTE]

Hey Shekaree ( I like that ... means hunter ), thanks for sharing your experiences.

My situation is a lot more precarious. I've been out-of-status for over a year now in the U.S. After graduating college I applied for Canadian residency and my status here in the U.S. expired while in the process of applying. Rather than go back home to await the application, I overstayed because I wanted to be able to get to the interview if one was required ( if I change venues in the middle of the process, it starts all over again ). I sent in my passport to get it stamped for Canadian landing.

I applied to MBA programs here in the U.S. and also in Canada. If I get admitted here I'd like to be able to come back and attend. Even if I do complete my MBA from Canada, I will still need to be able to travel here because of the nature of the industry ( finance and money management).

You mentioned that on your way to Canada you had to travel through U.S. immigration. My question for you and others; what would be the best way to travel so I can Land in Canada safely without being sent to guantanmo or being put into their system banning me from entry for the next 10 years. Do I have to pass US immig./customs at all the border crossings before landing to the Canadian side? I was hoping there is a border crossing going to Canada where I don't have to go through U.S. customs. What is the best way to land? I was planning on either taking greyhound or renting a car or U/Haul ( with authorization form the rental companies). Other options being Flying, Train or Cab. I don't want to risk driving my own car across as there seems to be much paper-work involved ( I find amount of paper-work is directly proportional to problems later). I have friends and family on both sides of the Border who are citizens, would it be advisable for a Canadian to drive over and pick me up or a American to drop me off with their own car/rental ?

If anyone was in a similar situation and able to land without submitting the I-94 (thereby letting know that you were out-of-status) recently, please post your experiences. Or if someone knows of a good Canadian attorney who can help in this matter please contact me asap. My email is trvl2canada@hotmail.com. I will be very much obliged and indebted to anyone who is able to help! Much thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful Stamping Vancouver

A lot of thanks to the members and moderators, of this forum for the information regarding immigration procedures and experiences.

Am on H1B/H4 in the US for the last 5 years. Had to do my Canadian immigration and at the same time get the new H1/H4 stamped.

US Consulate: Reached the consulate 30 mins before the appointment. PLEASE follow the rules regarding what not to take to the consulate. Like cell phones, bags, etc as instructed in the appointment letter. They are very strict about it. They did the security check and sent us to the 1 floor where we gave our PP and papers and $100 each . As per the instructions for H1 case only hand over the passport, I797 and appropriate DS forms at that time along with the fees. They handed us a number. In 40-45 mins they called our number and we lined up for the lift to the 20th floor. At the 20th floor there was another security check after which we had to take a seat in a narrow corridor just facing the VO cabin.
When our number was called: The version here is a condensed version as most of the time the VO and I were talking about other stuff.
Me: Hello and good afternoon officer:
VO: Hi
Looked at the passport and DS forms. Did something on the computer.
VO: So you were in Kenya, How did u get to that place?
Me. Actually I was born there and my Dad blah blah…..
VO. I was also there in such a such year.
Me: Oh really….. I think that was around the time they had a terrorist attack.
We again talked about it for a min or so. As I have traveled a lot of countries he was interested and asked me some info about it and the coincidence was that he had been to all those countries.
VO: so what do you do at your company?
Me: Blah blah blah……Blah blah blah….. and again some blah blah blah
VO: Do you like Oregon or NJ (My company is based in NJ while I have been working in OR for the last couple of years).
Me: I love Oregon… Life is a little slow and it is a very beautiful state.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Again we went back to talking about other places We have visited. At this point I just could not stop from cracking a joke and told him that “Either I am following you or you are following me to all these places and of all the places we are now meeting in Vancouver , so which is it ? and we all started laughing.
But the VO was pretty smart and somewhere he threw me a curve and asked me my wife’s birth date. As I was a bit tensed I gave the correct date but the wrong month and I goofed up big time. Then he asked me about our anniversary. I looked into his eyes and told him “ I always advice my friends never to ask me my anniversary date when my wife is around because after 10 years of marriage most of the husbands get selective memory loss” and again he got a good laugh.
Well it was strike 2 and I goofed up again correct date wrong month since I was so focused on myself I kept giving the month I was born in.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Vo: Can I have your pay stubs ?
Me. Yes here you go ?
VO: looking at my wife … Is he taking good care of you
Wife: Definitely… he is a little forgetful which I can’t change but takes really good care of me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
again we started talking about some non related stuff….
For a couple of seconds there was a pause and he jokingly told me to take very good care of my wife as she is the reason he is giving me the visa. He gave me the red slip and asked me to pay the fees and pick up the passport the next day.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Me: thank you very much and lets hope we meet again in future in some other country!

Next day we picked up the passport and drove back to the US

Folks: some advice I would give is to have your paper work straight. Don’t be tensed and have an answer or all the possible questions. Take your time … and try to have a jovial mood.

Kali

Canada US BORDER CROSSING WITH VALID US VISA

Hello Folks- Which Land POE is good or land border x-ing from Canada to US.

My family has non-immigrant visa stamped and want to travel back to US but currently I am out of country and can not accompany them. Is WINDSOR the good choice? IS there any specific time I mean AM or PM.

Is there any issue with minor is travelling with mother or father only I mean with any one of them not with both?

Please help or send email at pof44720@yahoo.com

Regards

hi how are you plesa help me i want to work because in my contry don t have a work i live in povrty please i want visa to work in canada au australia my email is [jamaafna785@hotmail.fr) i am jeune et j 21ans et j ai un bacalereat ok please help me :)

Travelling to/from Canada with US Green Card

So you're saying, that if you have a valid US Green card, then the passport (of the native country) is not needed at all? The passport is really close to being expired, and might be expired depending on travel dates. thanks!