Experience Letters for I140 application

gg77

Registered Users (C)
I am ready to apply for my I-140 after labour approval in the EB3/ non-RIR category.

I am having trouble in getting experience letters signed from one of my past employers. I had worked with him for a period of 2 months and he is not at all co-operating in signing the experience letter.

I have experience letters from my 2 other employers, for the period Jun2002-May 2003 and Nov 2003-Dec2003. I need an experience letter for the period Sep 2003 - Nov 2003. The experince I am asking for is genuine. The employer is extremely un-cooperative, just because he has a personal grudge that I left his employment. I was on my F1-EAD card while working for him. I have a BE in Computer Engineering and Masters in Computer Science.

I want to know how important are these experience letters for the application of I-140 and what can be done in my case.

Please reply.

gg77 said:
I am ready to apply for my I-140 after labour approval in the EB3/ non-RIR category.

I am having trouble in getting experience letters signed from one of my past employers. I had worked with him for a period of 2 months and he is not at all co-operating in signing the experience letter.

I have experience letters from my 2 other employers, for the period Jun2002-May 2003 and Nov 2003-Dec2003. I need an experience letter for the period Sep 2003 - Nov 2003. The experince I am asking for is genuine. The employer is extremely un-cooperative, just because he has a personal grudge that I left his employment. I was on my F1-EAD card while working for him. I have a BE in Computer Engineering and Masters in Computer Science.

I want to know how important are these experience letters for the application of I-140 and what can be done in my case.

Please reply.

Look at experience required column in your labor certification. For ex: if you have 1 year mentioned in labor, you must have 1 year experience prior to labor filed.

Regarding you old employer, if have w-2/paystubs thru that employer, Call your old employer and tell him that you are reporting to Labor department. Tell you have proof of employment. Tell if you have not received with 1/2 hours, your reporting about all illigal things what he was doing apart from he not providing exp. letter. I know for sure he will provide you.

Experience Letter

gg77 said:

Please reply.

It will be good enough if any of your colleagues or supervisors (better) at the company in question can give a certificate that you worked with them on such and such projects at such and such time at such and such company, (this certificate must be on the company stationery of the company where they are working now).

Hello experts

Hello gurus,

I am in the process of applying 140 and 485.

My question is:

My Labor is approved, In the labor current employment start month is mentioned wrongly instead of 10/2001 my lawyer mentioned 12/2001.

What should i do when i fill in 140 and 485 should i use correct date 10/2001 or the one mentioned in labor application 12/2001?

What is the impact? Will i get into lot of issues.