• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Experience in US Embassy in Skopje

This is the answer that I received from the US Embassy in Skopje around the issue that we have discussed in this forum.

Dear Mr. Muqkurti,

Thank you for your email. The fact that you had completed four years of high school full time without interruption makes you qualified for the DV program. Furthermore, you state that you have also acquired a bachelor’s degree, which only could confirm that you meet the education requirement.

Kind regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Excellent! As mom suggests, take a copy of that email, but sounds like you are all set :)

dear friends,

I also wanted to ask some questions regarding education eligibility.

My wife has done 3 years of vocational high school here in Albanian " harry t fultz " and than migrated to USA for one year and finished high school there where she took the diploma.
After she finished high school in US she returned to Albania and started college here where she graduated and received bachelor degree, after that she started master and she will received the diploma in October.

So I'm frightened that maybe they will reject the case because of 3 years from vocational school.

I forgot to mention that our case no is current for October but we submitted a little bit late and think that will have the interview in November.

So whats your opinion should I be worried.

Thanks a lot

dear friends,

My wife has done 3 years of vocational high school here in Albanian " harry t fultz " and than migrated to USA for one year and finished high school there where she took the diploma.
After she finished high school in US she returned to Albania and started college here where she graduated and received bachelor degree, after that she started master and she will received the diploma in October.

So I'm frightened that maybe they will reject the case because of 3 years from vocational school.

I forgot to mention that our case no is current for October but we submitted a little bit late and think that will have the interview in November.

Thanks a lot

I read somewhere else in an article that if you have a university qualification Embassy in Tirana accept one. And if you have only secondary education the us embassy in Tirana apply some strict rules regarding secondary education.
I posted a link below where you will find details regarding the embassy in Tirana in the Albanian language.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/albania/388734/documents/instr-dv-alb.pdf

dear friends,

Thanks a lot

In this article we have some answers given by the consul of the US Embassy in Tirana. Also we have exactly one answer that you are looking for you where the consul replies like this: A university degree is eligible for DV. Below I give you the link:

https://sq-al.facebook.com/notes/us...ër-konsullin-ask-the-consul/10152129164853511

I read somewhere else in an article that if you have a university qualification Embassy in Tirana accept one. And if you have only secondary education the us embassy in Tirana apply some strict rules regarding secondary education.
I posted a link below where you will find details regarding the embassy in Tirana in the Albanian language.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/albania/388734/documents/instr-dv-alb.pdf

It actually doesn't matter in this instance, she has a U.S. high school diploma, so she will automatically meet the education requirement (as it is based on being equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma).