Experience For job

heretichexen

I joined a company at position A. They sponsored the H-1B visa 2.5 years ago. They planned to apply for the Green Card this year.

I was moved to position B at the same company one year ago. They are applying for the Green Card based on that position. BS degree + 4 years experience in that area.

Question is - I dont have 4 years experience in that area yet - just the 1 year although technically I suppose they can use the 2.5 years since the job was somewhat similar. (I have a Masters degree but I dont think that matters - I will still be EB-3). Even if I do wait for 4 years in this position when they apply for the Green Card can they use the 4 years experience I gained from this position or does work at the sponsoring company not count?

Everything is on hold by the company based on the bad economy. They applied for step 1 of the process but got so many responses for the job posting they told me they want to delay.

Any advise appreciated.

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
z
I joined a company at position A. They sponsored the H-1B visa 2.5 years ago. They planned to apply for the Green Card this year.

I was moved to position B at the same company one year ago. They are applying for the Green Card based on that position. BS degree + 4 years experience in that area.

Question is - I dont have 4 years experience in that area yet - just the 1 year although technically I suppose they can use the 2.5 years since the job was somewhat similar. (I have a Masters degree but I dont think that matters - I will still be EB-3). Even if I do wait for 4 years in this position when they apply for the Green Card can they use the 4 years experience I gained from this position or does work at the sponsoring company not count? Yes. not countable

Everything is on hold by the company based on the bad economy. They applied for step 1 of the process but got so many responses for the job posting they told me they want to delay.

Any advise appreciated.

Thank You