Experience Calling TSC

wrizvi

Registered Users (C)
I called the USCIS number and after entering my receipt number talked to someone. All she told me was that my 485 is pending and is 3 months outside processing time.

Then she asked my to dial the number again and enter the following sequence 1 2 2 6 2 4.

After I dialed the number again, another rep picked up, asked me for receipt number and said that application is outside processing time and she can't give me any updates.

Question: What exactly am I supposed to expect? When do they decide whether or not to do a name check? How long will it take once the application is within processing time?

EB3 - Other
PD - 01/06
140 - Approved
485 - RD 7/27/07, ND 9/27/07
Transferred to TSC - RD 9/25/07, ND 9/27/07, LUD 01/27/08
FP - 10/27/07
EAD - Approved
AP - Approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically an NC is initiated more or less immediately after filing the I-485.
You can either go to Infopass for more details about your NC status or call up the number again and initiate a service request, as your case is outside normal processing time.
P.S. What's the 480 in your signature? Do you mean 140?

Thanks nj_skm. Yes, its 140. So if they have not initiated namecheck as yet, is it reasonable to believe that I will escape it?

Also does lack of LUD since January means anything?

No. NC is mandatory. If they haven't yet initiated it, that's bad news for you as you've lost time. The sooner it's initiated, the better.
Lack of LUD just means that: they are not actively working on your case and that it's sitting on a shelf somewhere.