Experied Indian passport

jtgiri

I really hope somebody can help me here. My dad has Indian passport and it expired like 3 years ago :( since he didn't travel he didn't renew it. Also passport was made in riyadh. Today when we went to Indian embassy they said they will need clearance from Riyadh and then they will issue a new passport after that. Lady said it could take really long time, my dad is traveling to next month. He already bought the tickets. Is there any way to expedite the process ?

I really hope somebody can help me here. My dad has Indian passport and it expired like 3 years ago :( since he didn't travel he didn't renew it. Also passport was made in riyadh. Today when we went to Indian embassy they said they will need clearance from Riyadh and then they will issue a new passport after that. Lady said it could take really long time, my dad is traveling to next month. He already bought the tickets. Is there any way to expedite the process ?

Your dad was stupid enough to let his passport stay expired for over 3 years. There is no way to speed up issuance of passport that expired that long ago.

Your dad was stupid enough to let his passport stay expired for over 3 years. There is no way to speed up issuance of passport that expired that long ago.

I know it was stupid, but it never occurred to us that it is necessary. Is there way to get like a temporary permit or something for a visit ?

It is ok

Hi there,

It was not stupid, every circumstances is different and it does happen sometimes, when one is not thinking of neccessary to extend, because when one is living in foreign country such as USA if you have Green Card they never ask passport validity or it is not required to have valid passport any way.
But the GOOD NEWS is Your father is Indian citizen so he is entitle to get Passport, although it may take longer time then usual, it is ok to wait just wait for the time.
Congretulation....Do not upset about it, it is ok to be in this situation, and now you have expereince of this kind and you will be able to do better in future.

Passport expire while on trial

Need help to understand a way to renew passport.

My friend Indian citizen here on H1b facing trial and possible jail time, his passport taken by court at this time and expire Dec 21,2009.

he may get some jail time or may be probation but what about expired passport if he gets jail and after jail USCIS may deport him but with expired passport?

What are his options to renew passport? any travel agency can help?

Thank you all in advance