Expedited U.S Passport, Even Faster...

CTN400

Registered Users (C)
Can any one please let me know, the fastest method to get U.S passport after naturalization ? I live in Connecticut. Currently, the expedited service takes around 2 weeks. But one of my friends mentioned (but he was not so clear) that one can walk-in to the passport office and get it on the same day or in a couple of days. If yes, please provide some details on it. Also, will the involvement of any travel agency would help to reduce the time from 2 weeks to 1 week or so ??? Please reply.

Any help on this matter would help me a lot since everything (naturalization & personal matters) would be happening in this Nov-Dec timeframe.

You'll likely find the answer you seek at the State Dept. passport web page.

Usually you'll need to have proof of imminent travel in order to get a passport immediately. Probably the hardest part will be getting an appointment at one of the regional centers. The other alternative ($$$) is to use the services of a passport agent. e.g. a-rush-passport.

You'll likely find the answer you seek at the State Dept. passport web page.

Usually you'll need to have proof of imminent travel in order to get a passport immediately. Probably the hardest part will be getting an appointment at one of the regional centers. The other alternative ($$$) is to use the services of a passport agent. e.g. a-rush-passport.

Thanks Boatbod ! Your information is very useful to me. There is one passport agency very near to my home in CT and I need to make appointment if travelling in less than 14 days. I'll choose this walk-in option and expect it to receive in less than 7 days. Thanks again and it was a quick response too !

Thanks Boatbod ! Your information is very useful to me. There is one passport agency very near to my home in CT and I need to make appointment if travelling in less than 14 days. I'll choose this walk-in option and expect it to receive in less than 7 days. Thanks again and it was a quick response too !

It is still not clear to me. Do you need to travel right away after oath? Otherwise if you don't have some paid tickets they are probably not going to take you at the agency and you're just going to waste your time.

My 2 cents

It is still not clear to me. Do you need to travel right away after oath? Otherwise if you don't have some paid tickets they are probably not going to take you at the agency and you're just going to waste your time.

My 2 cents

Huracan, I want to travel immediately just after oath. Yes, I'll buy airline tickets and get the appointment at nearest regional passport agency. Hope this clears your queries. This trip is for my marriage and I cannot cross December for couple of reasons.

Fat chance

Sorry you don't have much of a chance for expediting to less than 2 weeks on account of your wedding.

You'll have to go through the regular expedition process which sometimes does take less than 10 days.

Sorry you don't have much of a chance for expediting to less than 2 weeks on account of your wedding.

You'll have to go through the regular expedition process which sometimes does take less than 10 days.

HotSummer, but the website says, if you have immediate travel (within 14 days) with confirmed ticket or itinerary, regional passport office will issue the PP faster. But need appointment to apply in person.

Can you please explain more on this, if you or any of your friends have any bad experience on this ???

HotSummer, but the website says, if you have immediate travel (within 14 days) with confirmed ticket or itinerary, regional passport office will issue the PP faster. But need appointment to apply in person.

Can you please explain more on this, if you or any of your friends have any bad experience on this ???

I think HotSummer is not correct. If you have your paid ticket for a trip within 2 weeks they will expedite the passport and give it to you in a day or a couple of days. They don't care if you need to travel for any reason, the important thing is to have the paid ticket. Good luck with your plans.

Assuming you have confirmed travel plans (i.e. ticket or itinerary) you can definitely get an expedited passport through one of the regional centers. The biggest hurdle however, will be scheduling an appointment. Apparently the automated system is frequently oversubscribed...

Assuming you have confirmed travel plans (i.e. ticket or itinerary) you can definitely get an expedited passport through one of the regional centers. The biggest hurdle however, will be scheduling an appointment. Apparently the automated system is frequently oversubscribed...

Thanks Huracan and Boatbod again for your feedback ! Appreciate and it was quite useful for me. Is it ok, if I call for appointment at passport agency one month back, just after naturalization interview but knowing exact oath date ?

Boatbod, you mentioned to get appointment is hurdle, but do you think there is any backlog for them too like USCIS ??? I hope not, but I'll be patient to hold the phone for an hour or more to get the appointment.

Yes, passport agency has huge backlog due to the change in passport rules for visits to Caribbean, Mexico & Canada. Thats why I'm bringing it to your attention...

Yes, passport agency has huge backlog due to the change in passport rules for visits to Caribbean, Mexico & Canada. Thats why I'm bringing it to your attention...

Thanks Boatbod your info ! I hope by December, backlog should be cleared. Anyway, I am applying my PP in Dec since I hope my oath should be done by the end of Nov or early Dec (just prediction only based on the stats, nobody knows USCIS outcome !)