Expedited Passport Timeline

my online status just changed to "in the final processing stages" . will see what happen in next couple of days

Passport - Expedited Service

We (myself and for my wife) applied for passport today at near by Post Office (King Of Prussia, PA) - with expidetd service. Expecting PP with in two weeks.

Permanent Resident since August 2004, Philly DO
---------------------------------------------------
N400 Apply Date: 08/Dec/09
FP Date: 14/Jan/10
Interview Date: 5/Mar/10
Oath Date: 24/Mar/10

PP Applied (expedite): 25/Mar/10
PP Received: 6/Apr/10 :cool::cool:

Hi ddyy,
When you see the message "in the final processing stages", there might be another line of message says around what date your passport will be mailed. Please check. when i check my status online, the message said "in the final processing stages" and then it will be mailed on or around 7/apr/10.
I received my passport/natz certificate/pp card all on same day.
I hope this might help you.
-rmiriyala

Thanks rmiriyala, I made an email inquiry for the status and i was told the passport was shipped to me by express mail with tracking number, tracking shows it will arrive tomorrow by noon guaranteed. It was sent from NH. By the way i applied on March 29, and will receive it on April 09. Thanks again for everyone to share your experiences.

Ok, so here is my completed timeline for those who might find this information useful. This thread was very helpful to me during my passport process.

03.25.10 - Applied for an expedited passport at a county clerk office in Salt Lake City, UT at around 11:00am (with overnight delivery) and marked a travel date of 04.10.10 on my application

03.30.10 - Check electronically withdrawn from bank account, online status established

03.05.10 - Called National Passport Information Center to check the status, they said it was still processing. No new information. (Said it was sent to San Francisco to Process)

03.08.10 - Called National Passport Information Center again in a panic and they informed me that it was being mailed today and provided a tracking number

03.09.10 - Received Passport by picking it up at the local post office (I wasn't about to wait for it to be delivered) finally my online status changed to "We've finished your passport" you should receive it on or around 4/11 nice right?

Note: I was honest with my travel date, but it cut it to close for my comfort. Might want to give yourself a couple days buffer to avoid pulling all your hair out while waiting in anticipation. Or use a private service if your within a three week travel window.

Also, the online status really isn't up to date. Honestly I must of logged into it 100 times over the past week, always let down to see the same "Still Processing" screen. Hope this helps!

Finally I received my passport today by express mail. To my surprise, my certificate of naturalization also was placed inside the same express mail envelope. So I received both PP and Cert of Natz at the same time with the same mail. My journey is over. And thanks everyone for sharing experiences here. By the way, the passport looks very cool !

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I received my passport today by express mail. To my surprise, my certificate of naturalization also was placed inside the same express mail envelope. So I received both PP and Cert of Natz at the same time with the same mail. My journey is over. And thanks everyone for sharing experiences here. By the way, the passport looks very cool !

Lucky you! It's been 10 days since I received my passport and I still haven't received my Naturalization Certificate... they did say they mailed it out separately on March 31st. If it was mailed out from PA, it can't take this long..... I mean I'm only one state away!

ddyy, where was your Naturalization Certificate mailed from?

Thanks!

danimee, my PP and Cert of Natz was mailed from Portmouth, NH. You should be able to get yours soon.

ddyy,

Thanks! You're gonna love this story. I posted it under "US Citizenship," but for you I'll write it here again.

"Ok, so I get a phone call from a DC # earlier today so I pick up. The lady on the phone says she's calling from the National Passport Center to verify my address to send my Naturalization Certificate back. I say "well, the representative last week told me it was mailed out on March 31st." And she goes, "Well it was returned to us... because it went out without a label and postage...." HAHAHAHAHA. I thought it was a joke for a moment then gained my composure and gave her my address. Typical of our trusted government agency or what? I thought it was hilarious! Has anyone ever had this happened to them? Supposedly she's fedexing and I'll have to be home to sign for it but we'll see what happens."

Don't you just love it?

Just updating that I received my Naturalization Certificate by Fedex. Now I can say that my N-400 drama is officially over! Good luck everyone!

Submitted expedited applicatoin for PP at local post office April 7, it showed up on the online status system April 13