Expedited Passport Timeline

I can not find my record when I check my US passport status. It is already one week since I applied. They have already cashed my cheque on 1/20/2010. Is somebody has experienced the same problem?

EXP passport time line with issues.

1) Naturalization on 11/5/2009

2)Applied for passport ( non -expedited) on 01/04/2010 - local Post office

3) Called National passport agency on 01/06/2010 and paid $60 x3 for expedited passport . I could pay with credit card. This was intentional.

4) Got a letter from passport agency on 01/17 asking for my sons green card. Sent on 01/18

5) Recvd passports on 01/24 with all original documents.

6) Recvd passport cards on 01/28.
==================================

Note : Online status is crap . It is still showing the passports would be mailed on 01/30.
I had some confusion on my son's green card. Inspite of my insistence postmaster decided that original of green card is not necessary . Called passport hotline - They have no clue.

Passport - Expedited Service

We (myself and for my wife) applied for passport today at near by Post Office (King Of Prussia, PA) - with expidetd service. Expecting PP with in two weeks.

Permanent Resident since August 2004, Philly DO
---------------------------------------------------
N400 Apply Date: 08/Dec/09
FP Date: 14/Jan/10
Interview Date: 5/Mar/10
Oath Date: 24/Mar/10

PP Applied (expedite): 25/Mar/10
PP Received:

Expedited PP applied on Mar 24th

Didn't think to write "expedited" on the envelope... do you think it matters whether or not to specify that on the envelope?

Applied PP book&card on 03/29/10 with expedited service, I did not see the passport lady in post office put any "expedite" sticker on the envelop. The express mail was sent to
National Passport Processing – New Orleans
P.O Box 90904, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0904.

The address looks a little weird ?

How about you guys, what address did your agency use for the expedite service ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my passport book on April 1st! :D The passport itself came from NH which was a bit odd because I sent my application to PA. Now I should be getting my Naturalization Certificate back by this Saturday...

Btw, the online status still says that it is in the final stage of processing.

Applied PP book&card on 03/29/10 with expedited service, I did not see the passport lady in post office put any "expedite" sticker on the envelop. The express mail was sent to
National Passport Processing – New Orleans
P.O Box 90904, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0904.

The address looks a little weird ?

How about you guys, what address did your agency use for the expedite service ?

The address is correct. The PA office will then re-direct your application to the regional passport office in New Orleans. The New Orleans office will send you your passport (via priority mail - no signature required) and your naturalization certificate (via regular mail). All this is finished within 6-10 days.

We don't know (and don't care as long as the system works) why the applications are first sent to the PA address.

Hi danimee, did you receive your passport by express mail or just regular mail ? Do you have tracking number for return mail when you applied for the passport ? I applied also with expedite service on March 29, already 9 days now, online status still shows it is currently being processed. Is this status normal after 9 days ?

Hi danimee, did you receive your passport by express mail or just regular mail ? Do you have tracking number for return mail when you applied for the passport ? I applied also with expedite service on March 29, already 9 days now, online status still shows it is currently being processed. Is this status normal after 9 days ?

My PP book arrived by express mail (w/ no signature required). It took exactly 7 days from the date I applied for my PP to the date it arrived here. But on Day 4, my online status said "it is in the final stage of processing!" or something like that then I received it within 2 days... why don't you try to call them? By the way, I didn't have the tracking # for the return mail.

P.S. I still didn't receive my Naturalization Certificate... I'm starting to get a little worried.

I did call, but was told exactly the same message as that from online status. Weird ? is that because I did not enter travel date in application form ? so they believe I am not in a hurry ? Did you fill out the travel date in your application form ? Thanks.

It seems everyone is getting their passports really fast, I'm kind of freaking out because I have yet to receive mine. I applied on March 25th in Salt Lake City, UT w/overnight delivery. They sent it to San Francisco for processing.

Applied for PP Book (Expedited): Thursday March 25th

Checks Electronically Cashed: Tuesday March 30th

Online Status Updated: Currently Processing Passport

It's been 14 days now and they've had it at the San Francisco office for about 6 full business days. Called Passport information center and they say the same thing that the online status says. Still processing.

I put my intended date of travel on there this Saturday (April 10th) are they usually good about getting them out before the intended travel date? I'm really starting to worry. . . .

It seems everyone is getting their passports really fast, I'm kind of freaking out because I have yet to receive mine. I applied on March 25th in Salt Lake City, UT w/overnight delivery. They sent it to San Francisco for processing.

Applied for PP Book (Expedited): Thursday March 25th

Checks Electronically Cashed: Tuesday March 30th

Online Status Updated: Currently Processing Passport

It's been 14 days now and they've had it at the San Francisco office for about 6 full business days. Called Passport information center and they say the same thing that the online status says. Still processing.

I put my intended date of travel on there this Saturday (April 10th) are they usually good about getting them out before the intended travel date? I'm really starting to worry. . . .

The online status is not useful. Mine still shows under processing even though I got PP book & card days back. Official processing times for expedited service is 2-3 weeks. So, there is nothing much you can do unless there is an emergency.

I did call, but was told exactly the same message as that from online status. Weird ? is that because I did not enter travel date in application form ? so they believe I am not in a hurry ? Did you fill out the travel date in your application form ? Thanks.

I made up a travel date (mid Apr) but didn't think that mattered. I'd give them a call again if I don't see a change on status within 2-3 days? People pay extra $$ for a reason.

P.S. Still no NC received. Called and found out that it was mailed out on Mar 31st but it could take up to 3 weeks to get it back.