Expedited Naturalization

K-man

Due to planned assignment overseas with state dept later this year, we plan to process my wife for expedited naturalization. However, we just filed I-751 to remove conditions and I doubt her 10-year card will be ready by the time we process for expedited naturalization. Does anyone know if this would be a problem? Anyway, isn't a Conditional Permanent Resident eligible for expedited naturalization? (319b doesn't state that the person cannot be a conditional PR). Thanks in advane for any experiences or advice out there.

There is no such thing as expedited naturalization. You just have to wait in line with eveyone else...

I have a question. does working for a Military Research Lab (such as Naval Research Lab) constitute "active military duty"?

It's not a problem. Our office did this before. USC spouse is working overseas for US company, his wife appied GC first, then submitted N-400 right after she got GC. She was naturalized even she only visited the U.S. for a short time.

thanks for the replied.

nuinui, you were talking about a person who married to a USC. that's not what I asked. or did I miss anything?

gh0001 said:
thanks for the replied.

nuinui, you were talking about a person who married to a USC. that's not what I asked. or did I miss anything?

I thought the point of nuinui's post is that there are ways to reside overseas for a lon period of time without breaking the continuity requirement by naturalization.

Maybe I did not make it clear in my previous post. We helped the client to apply N-400 when she had only conditional GC. She even did not need to file remove application (I-751).

JoeF said:
He probably means the special rules in INA 319(b), i.e., when the US citizen spouse works for the US government or a research institution abroad.
In such cases, the continuous residency and physical presence requirements are waived. The other requirements, e.g., marriage to the US citizen for 3 years, still apply, though.
The only real "expedited naturalization" is for people on active military duty:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/07/20020703-24.html

Used this (INA 329), since I was on active duty but seems that I am stuck in either Name Check or Background check. Had My N400 Interview in Dec 05 and still waiting for oath letter? Any suggestions. And yes was an active duty in the military as soldier and not contractor.

H2IZZO said:
Used this (INA 329), since I was on active duty but seems that I am stuck in either Name Check or Background check. Had My N400 Interview in Dec 05 and still waiting for oath letter? Any suggestions. And yes was an active duty in the military as soldier and not contractor.

did you receive the interview result and been told that your name check was pending?