Expedited AP

Tyler77

Registered Users (C)
Can u please share your experience about the expedited AP:

What did you do (step by step)?

Time line? How long it took?

thanks

My husband's father was terminally ill with cancer and we filed an appointment with the local service center. we brought along medical records of his father to show that the situation was critical and that his father did not have much time. The person reviewed the records and asked for clarification of where it said his father was terminal. We pointed to that part of the records and she approved it.

However, this was over a year ago and I understand that the local service centers no longer approve them.

You have to fax a request to the processing center with a letter, documentation and a request that they expedite. A friend of ours did this and they approved it, but even with the approval, it took nearly 3 weeks to receive it.

Good luck.

Financial strain - expedited AP

Hello,

I called the USCIS 800 number and conference called my parents in. cited financial loss if they didn't travel to india and expedited the AP as soon as I got my receipt notice in hand.

got the AP in about a week thereafter. the total time from application to actually receiving AP was about 4-5 weeks (3-4 weeks to get the Case No. and 1 week after expediting it).

Just a nice advice: Do not misuse the system unless there is genuine need! otherwise such an option won't be available for all of us.

shri g

Last edited by a moderator: