Expedite Requests and contacting ombudsman

supply_demand

Registered Users (C)
Hi..does anyone know if there is a standard form for sending expedite requests to USCIS and FBI. If so, please post or give pointers. Also is there a standard way to contact the USCIS ombudsman that anyone is aware?

thanks

tnx for the information

Atleast I will sendout one more letter and see how it goes ..even if one person responds ..I will be happy.

I nevertheless mailed the letter to CIS Ombudsman today. Has anyone heard back from them?

I also called NYC FBI. It was a stupidity. The customer representative said they only do fingerprints but not background checks. I asked her then which FBI office I should contact. She said she doesn't know and told me to talk to my "immigration case officer". That's a gread idea I never thought of. I'm like, lady, if I was able to get hold of my case officer, I wouldn't be calling you.

I wonder if my case even has a case officer assigned. It's been rotting somewhere for the last 16 months.

EB2/Current
PERM AD Jul 05
I140-RD Sep 05, AD Jan 06
I485-RD Sep 05

Ombudsman worth a try

Guys,

I wanted to follow up on my Ombudsman experience.

I wrote to Ombudsman back in end of January, out of pure desperation. Got a reply a month later in early March. It said I should hear from USCIS within 45 days. At the time I didn't think much of it. Then my I-485 was approved mid-April, approximately 45 days after the letter.

Last week, a certain "Mrs. Johnson" from USCIS called me and asked about the status of my I-485. I told her it's been approved. She said she called me (I provided my phone # in Omb letter) because I made a request on my case earlier and since it's approved, she was now going to close my file.

I can't say for sure Ombudsman helped expedite my case - my local congressman's office made an inquiry at FBI and got a notice of my name check clearance from them around the same time frame (Feb-Mar). Or my case was just ripe for approval... Still, I was rather surprised that they obviously looked at my file and possibly took some action.

Just wanted to share. If your case is delayed, stuck in whatever-checks, give Ombudsman a try. Nothing to lose.

Hello Splendini,

Congrats!!! Do you mind to share the format of letter to Ombudsman?
My PD is current for a year and my security check is pending after my 2nd FP.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

My case was tfd to TSC couple of mths ago. I wanted to let everyone know try the FL method. I sent a letter by regular mail and got a positive response from FBI today. I tried contacting congressmen, ombudsman but only FL worked. I had been reading everyone's comment here when my case was at VSC so I just thought to come back to this section and update everyone.

Thanks

First Lady

Contact the First Lady, Mrs Laura Bush. I sent her a letter explaining the situation in Mar 2007 and got a response back in June.