Expedite request

jaiganesh2004

Registered Users (C)
I have requested for expedite request for my I-485. I got a letter from USCIS saying me request meets the criteria. In the letter they state, I will get the decision on the I-485 applications from this office very shortly.

Do any body has applied for the expedite request? Do they really take any action?

Please share you experience.

-------------------------------
RD: 01/24/2002
ND: 02/06/2002
FP2 don one March-2004.
EAD4 approed on Nov-2 2004.
FBI Name check done and sent to INS on Sept-1 2004.
AD : ???????????????

Could you please let me know what did you provide in the expedite request i'm also Jan 16th 2002 I 485 Filer(Don't Confuse with my user id) i also wanted to submit Expedite request.
Thanks a lot for your help

would you please share what reason did you state in your expedite request? and what supporting materials did you submit? by fax or by mail?

Stated the processing dates which are 18 months old than the current procesing dates and they agreed to expedite the process.

RD-01/24/2002
ND-02/06/2002
FP2- 04/05/2004
FBI Name Check Done-09/01/2004.
Applied 4th EAD.
AD-???????????

jaigansh,
can you be more eloborate on the reason . how did you send your Expedite Request. Fax? or by mail? if you sent it by fax then please let me know what is the fax number u used. I did fax the expedite request since mine is jan 16th 2002 rd. but i got the mail response from vsc stating that routine secuity checks taking long time due to the lack of man power they don't know how long it will take. So could you please provide more details.
Thanks in advance.

jaiganesh2004,
Please give the exact details of the expedite request. I am in the same situation (Feb'02) and would like to try it too.

Please state:
1) did you file it or your lawyer?
2) fax or letter? What fax, address?
3) who was it addressed to?
4) what information was provided?
5) details about your case - FP status, FBI name check status etc

jagnesh please post detail about your request i.e expediate request letter format and how u send that by mail or fax.

Expedite request faxed to :

ATTN: Expedite Request
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services - Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479
Fax No: 802-527-4816

Mention that the current processing is passed our RD. For my example I gave 18 months.

I tried intially 3 times faxing the expedite request earlier, but all the time it was rejected. This is the first time I faxed mentioning the processing dates. They accepted the request.

I dont know what criteria they take for expedite request. This is what I faxed.

Fax number is given top. My details are below. I faxed on my own not through the lawyer. Keep trying number of times they will accept your request at some point. This is the only option we have, so why not try it.

RD-01/24/2002
ND-02/06/2002
FP2- 04/05/2004
FBI Name Check Done-09/01/2004.
Approved 4th EAD on 11/02/2004.
AD-???????????

Thanks jagnesh.

One last thing. you send two faxes for you and your wife or just one.

Do you mean to say ...

Jai Ganesh,

Do you mean to say that your date is 18 months old than the current processing dates.

"Stated the processing dates which are 18 months old than the current procesing dates and they agreed to expedite the process"

jaiganesh2004 ,

When did you fax this expedite request? I am wondering how long does it take to get a reply.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: