Expedite passport fee

truedesi

Registered Users (C)
I applied for passport in Post Office today and she had me pay 2x60 for expedite, since I applied for passport book and passport card.

Is this normal?

I thought you just pay 60 for expedite passport book. If she has infact had me pay more than I should have, Can I request a refund from Department of State by calling them?

A post office employee probably was not very experienced in passport application matter. You should have paid only one $60 fee for expedited processing.

When I applied at the post office, the employee told me that I did not have to pay $60 extra for a passport card because it cannot be expedited, and I did not. However, the card still came two business days after the expedited passport, so I guess it was expedited after all.

A post office employee probably was not very experienced in passport application matter. You should have paid only one $60 fee for expedited processing.

When I applied at the post office, the employee told me that I did not have to pay $60 extra for a passport card because it cannot be expedited, and I did not. However, the card still came two business days after the expedited passport, so I guess it was expedited after all.

I kept telling her the same thing. but She said that there is a very recent memo from Dept. of State that PPC can be now expedited, however she could not find it while I was there.

I really need passport in 2 weeks so did not want to delay it by any means, since she offered that she could do only passport book expedite and car via normal but for that she would have to mark on application to ONLY expedite passport book and not passport card.

I think Once I receive my passport, I will call State for refund.

As soon as your application status appears online, you can call them and talk to a clerk about refund. They have a very good customer service.

I was very pleased with the state dept customer service. They were friendly, always answered my questions. I even added passport card option after I sent the passport book only application.

I was very pleased with the state dept customer service. They were friendly, always answered my questions. I even added passport card option after I sent the passport book only application.

vow you received passport in 8 days with regular? did you do some magic man :)

I had sent in my application on July 30(regular) and still waiting(I am in no hurry but would have it sooner rather than later:).

Question for those who applied and have already gotten the passports. Did the online status on State department website change for you guys before you received the passport book(and card)? The reason I ask, my N-400 status on USCIS website still says as "application received" and wondering if state department tracking system is reliable.

From my experience, the status changes after they mail the passport. In my case, the message said something like, "Your passport is in the final stage of processing... will be mailed in several days" although it was already mailed a day ago :)

To keep you guys updated. I received a call today from passport agency that the money order that I sent was too much more that needed. And she took the payment using a credit card and said she will return the money order back to me.

really nice customer service I must say.

To keep you guys updated. I received a call today from passport agency that the money order that I sent was too much more that needed. And she took the payment using a credit card and said she will return the money order back to me.

really nice customer service I must say.

Cool. State Dept customer service is on par with any private company service, if not better. I hope consulates offer same level of service to citizens abroad , should I ever need.

I am very impressed. received my passport with Nat cert. in one overnight package.

Also received my money order back in a different overnight package. (Dept. of State paying for a mistake by USPS person ;))

I am very impressed. received my passport with Nat cert. in one overnight package.

Also received my money order back in a different overnight package. (Dept. of State paying for a mistake by USPS person ;))
Congrats. Enjoy your new passport.