expediate FBI Name Check

GC201

Registered Users (C)
expediate FBI Name Check by FAX every week !!!

Hi, guys,

On 9/27/04, I sent a fax to ask FBI whether my name check has been done, then I got response by e-mail from FBI on 9/28/04, and said my name check is pending even though USCIS sent the name check request in April 2003. On 9/29/04, I sent same fromat FAX to check whether my wife's name check has been done, but no response until today (10/5/04). I know the delay reason is FBI has received a lot of FAX to expediate Name Check.

I also sent another FAX to expediate my Name Check.
If you filed I-140/I-485 in 2003, and your cases are still pending, you must send expediate Name Check every week. FBI should take actions when they receive flood of faxes to expediate Name Check; otherwise you have to wait your cases are pending in USCIS forever.

Again, FBI name check FAX # is: 202-324-3367. you must send the expediate name check fax every week as following format:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Your address
Your Fax #

To:
National Name Check Program Section
FBI
Fax: 202-324-3367

the current date:

Subject: expedite Name Check REQUEST

Dear Officer:

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that my Name Check is still pending in your office, even though United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent the request to your program in 2003.

A speedy processing of my Name Check would be greatly appreciated.

My personal information is:

Name: your name
Date of Birth:
Alien Number:

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

your signature

your name

Last edited by a moderator:
Even I sent a Fax it last thiursday..No reply...

I did FP in Dec 15 2003 -- i40 and i485 pending Oct 2003..

I think they will do it after election...

I sent a name check inquiry to FBI on 9/23..no reply. looks liek with the number of faxes flowing into FBI...we may have another bottleneck :(

Sent an email...No response

I sent an email asking for the status of my name check... ( I dont know if my name check is already done or not).

So far no response..... Looks like they are fed up with the flowing faxes and emails in the last couple of days ...

I140/485 RD: 3/14/03
FP: 8/08/03

--kcv1

Guys,

Let us not fax and stop their good intentions of clearing the Name checks..

Please allow them to WOrk instead of frustrating them..It looks like everyone has jumped on the fax ..

Attention is diverted to FBI not USCIS .......

Please guys,..let us give a hand in hand in this issue...

Deepa

what is this message when i gave my FP last Dec 16 2003..LUD changed since then to my

i 140 -- oct 23 2003
i 485 Appln ..

On December 23, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

can you explain...

That message means just hang loose.. there are thousands of others before you whose cases are pending and they will get to urs in a few....

bhadradee said:
what is this message when i gave my FP last Dec 16 2003..LUD changed since then to my

i 140 -- oct 23 2003
i 485 Appln ..

On December 23, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

can you explain...

GC201,
U r trying to shoot urself in ur own foot by inciting ppl to fax FBI unnecessarily and thereby increasing their workload and creating the backlog.
u r the right candidate for expediting name check request since ur case is pending since April 2003, but most of the late 2003 filers and 2004 filers dont need to do that now.... atleast not multiple times...
There is no point in flooding the FBI with these requests if you have already done once...

Mindless campaigns like these do more harm than good
Just a thought. Ppl use ur own judgement...

GC201 said:
Hi, guys,

On 9/27/04, I sent a fax to ask FBI whether my name check has been done, then I got response by e-mail from FBI on 9/28/04, and said my name check is pending even though USCIS sent the name check request in April 2003. On 9/29/04, I sent same fromat FAX to check whether my wife's name check has been done, but no response until today (10/5/04). I know the delay reason is FBI has received a lot of FAX to expediate Name Check.

I also sent another FAX to expediate my Name Check.
If you filed I-140/I-485 in 2003, and your cases are still pending, you must send expediate Name Check every week. FBI should take actions when they receive flood of faxes to expediate Name Check; otherwise you have to wait your cases are pending in USCIS forever.

Again, FBI name check FAX # is: 202-324-3367. you must send the expediate name check fax every week as following format:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Your address
Your Fax #

To:
National Name Check Program Section
FBI
Fax: 202-324-3367

the current date:

Subject: expedite Name Check REQUEST

Dear Officer:

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that my Name Check is still pending in your office, even though United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent the request to your program in 2003.

A speedy processing of my Name Check would be greatly appreciated.

My personal information is:

Name: your name
Date of Birth:
Alien Number:

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

your signature

your name

Last edited by a moderator:
I think KialashR is right. If everybody send fax to FBI, the early 2003 filers will get suffered.

ND 4/18/2003
1st FP expired on 9/12/2004

KailashR is absolutely right. If they start getting repeated faxes, they might discontinue fax service also like phone service they did. They are nothing to loose but we will be the loosers.

I called them today. They said if you sent a fax (I did more than 1 week ago) inquiring about the status, you need to wait for 3 weeks to get the answer. If you don't, you may call them and they will give a an e-mail address (like we do not have it already). They will not give you a status over the phone (lady could not explain why).

You guys should really stop nagging the FBI and USCIS with faxes and letters. And Congressmen and Senators are right now worried about getting re-elected. You're problems are the least of their worries. Let those people do their jobs. I am sure they know what they are doing. You are dealing with various federal government agencies. Things do take a long time.

If the name check is not back from FBI 3 months and more it means that you have a "hit" on your name. Please read about what it means:
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity022504.htm
You can either wait untill thay clean your name (9 months and more) or hire a layer to help you to expidate the name check (could coast a lot). If your case is not time sencitive it is better just wait.... Another possibility, it is free, to ask your local congressman for help.

Recieved FBI name check inquiry response...

I emailed FBI on 29th of September about name check and finally got response on 10/29/2004. They do respond! In my case I got my I485 approval on 10/27/2004 so this email is kind of irrelevent.

we are hopeless from this name check

What happen if FBI choose not answer your inquire at all? I am watting for the result after I sent an e-mail on Oct 5th, no reply received yet. I did call them and they said there are too many inquires flooded in so that they need more time. I do not understand why FBI can not do on-line status check like USCIS? The current situation is a bid mess since some ppl send multiple inquires to them cause them hopeless to do anything. Don't you agree?