Expecting I 140 approval, need help on CP, Chennai

sumamathew

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am expecting I-140 approval. I just came to know about Consular processing, it is great news. My questions:
1. I am from South India, Can I apply for CP in Chennai.
2. Can any one brief about CP.
3. What are the procedure and what all documents required?
4. What I should I discus with my attorney regarding CP, my service center is Nebraska.
5. I have my spouse on H1B and 2 kids all residing in US past 3yrs. never stayed in any country more then 6 months except India and US.

I would appreciate your help.
Suma and Mathew

Hi

1. I am from South India, Can I apply for CP in Chennai.
Yes you can.
2. Can any one brief about CP.
3. What are the procedure and what all documents required?
4. What I should I discus with my attorney regarding CP, my service center is Nebraska.

For qsts 2,3,4
Check out www.immihelp.com for a section named Consular Processing

Hope this helps
Sujatha

cp

Hi
   If you got your I-140 apporved for AOS then you need to file I-824 to change it to CP. I am in the process of converting from Adjustment
for status to consular processing and do not recommend this procedure.
I filed my I-824 about 5 months back and no approval yet. NSC is not
processing these kind of petitions very well. These days AOS is also
moving fast and please think about applying .
   On the other hand if you mentioned CP option in your I-140 then let
it go.

Srini

NSC timeline

the dec 30 nsc i-824 dates are out...It advanced a big 2 days to 5/11 from 5/9 last month. Anyone out there talk to NSC rep by anychance? 824 was rather a bad descision on my part!

2b -- Wish you good luck, I think no one in NSC is happy with CP

I checked with my attorney she told it would take 5 months to get to NVC from the date of filing I-824. I wish you again good luck, it will come you have started do not think of any thing.

I spoke to NSC y\'day...

The lady who answered did not have any info as regards to when the I-824 dates might become current. She just said she has no idea about it!!! I filed my I-824 in June, 2001 and still waiting. I very much doubt if i should anymore!!!

Same here

I did file my I-824 on July 2001, still wating ....looks like the dates rolled back to April 2001 as per processing times posted.

AOS to CP change

People,
I did my I-140 for AOS but later wanted to switch to CP. My lawyer advised me to apply for another I-140 for CP, which I did on October 29 and got it approved jan 17. Now I am going with CP with the new I-140. I would advise not to go for I-824 instead re-apply for I-140. That seems much faster.

Good luck.

Arun