Expecting FEB intrvw; Wife in India; How to get PCC??

namelater

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I have mailed the P-3 forms to the consulate this week. Hopefully they should recieve by this weekend. I hope I will get FEB interview.
My concern now is that...
I have PCC which was taken from Chicago consulate, but I don\'t have police clearance certificaate for my wife. My wife left to India last month and planning to stay there till the interview date. In this context, I wonder how to get a police clearance certificate for my wife??

Could any one from our gang throw some light on this subject? First of all, do we know for sure that we need police clearance certificate for CP?
I belong to Chennai consulate

Thanks,
Namelater

Take affidavit.

Should not the affidavit serve your purpose too? PCC can also be issued by police department. Your purpose can be served by this also.

You may want to check with the consulate directly

So far Chennai has maintained PCC not required. Mumbai and delhi are asking for it, but apparently what they have asked for PCC from local police station in India and passport office, is not technically available for people residing outside India. So, I would suggest either write to the consulate directly or wait a couple till folks get their CPs done in jan and the dust settles.

Thanks, could you be little more specific my friend

Hi friend,
Just to clarify..I have the PCC, my wife doesn\'t have it and she is now in India.

Are u suggesting to get the PCC from the local police station in India? OR should we take an affidavit, if so, what should we write in that affidavit?

Could you please elaborate on this?

Also, other friends, just throw some light here if you know anything...

Thanks,
Namelater