Exp. letter

dc2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Earliar I was working for a company (x systems(I) pvt. ltd.) which is branch of my current company (x corp.). Logo's of both comapnies are same on letter head. For I-140, I'm showing exp. from this company (from india) . Will that be a problem? Urgent, pl. reply. Thanks in advance

Exp. letter from child company

Guys, pl. help. No reply yet. Does anyone of you have same problem? will the exp. from child company work?

Should be OK

dc2006 said:
Guys, pl. help. No reply yet. Does anyone of you have same problem? will the exp. from child company work?

I worked for one of the top IT companies in India across India, US and Europe. On leaving the company I requested an experience letter for all my assignments in one letter corresponding to the contents in the LC. I have one letter which shows the details of my experience. Please be sure to indicate in seperate sections - location, duties, manager for each branch you worked. An experience letter in this format should be OK for submitting with the I-140.

lawyer says no

thanks for your reply. but my company lawyer yesterday said that it won't work. I still not understand since i was totally at difference place with different salary working under different management.

dc2006 said:
Hi, Earliar I was working for a company (x systems(I) pvt. ltd.) which is branch of my current company (x corp.). Logo's of both comapnies are same on letter head. For I-140, I'm showing exp. from this company (from india) . Will that be a problem? Urgent, pl. reply. Thanks in advance

Is x systems(I) pvt. ltd. is a "wholly owned subsidiary" of x corp.? If so, experience may not work. In some cases, if experience is at least 50% different it can be used. Please consult an attorney.