Exit/Entry Dates

bashar82

Registered Users (C)
I have my interview next week and I have a quick question. How strict are they about the exit/entry dates when verifying the dates on your application?

The reason I ask is because my old passport has significant water damage (A/C leaked in the basement and basically ruined everything in the box I had the passport in) and its hard to read entry dates into the States. The stamps from all the other countries, including my native Bangladesh are still clear while the INS stamps are nothing more than pink blotches. You'd think it would be the other way around. I estimated the dates based on my memory and other items such as credit card receipts, saved boarding passes and parents passports. Fortunately, most trips within the past six years are stamped in my new passport or my re-entry permit. However, I'm concerned because I still need to prove earlier dates as I applied under the 4+1 rule.

bashar82,
I also had missed the depature date it was off by couple of days the officer didn't make any big deal about it. I had been told as long as you get the month/year correct, it should be okay.

Thanks
Reader2000