Except name check,what is system check?

Happycake

Registered Users (C)
hi, thank you for all the people here to encourage me to keep calling the CIS emergency phone number. Finally I talked to the officer, who was willing to give me the information on the phone.
She told me that my name check already done, my case is waiting for the system check.This is my first time to heard about the system check. Does everyone know what is system check? Is it with FBI also? is this by random pick, or everyone has go through this step? Can I send the inquiry to FBI to follow up? If anyone know how to check, please let me know. Thank you so much.

happycake

I also got this system check reply. I actually asked the same questions in many forums about what the system check is and it seems no one knows. Lets wait and c.

Happycake: could you tell me what information they asked to help you find out the name check status. like EAC number, alian number? and anything else?

and I'm also wondering if the case is with other service center( mine is in VSC) , would they be able to find the name check status out?

Thanks

Happycake said:
hi, thank you for all the people here to encourage me to keep calling the CIS emergency phone number. Finally I talked to the officer, who was willing to give me the information on the phone.
She told me that my name check already done, my case is waiting for the system check.This is my first time to heard about the system check. Does everyone know what is system check? Is it with FBI also? is this by random pick, or everyone has go through this step? Can I send the inquiry to FBI to follow up? If anyone know how to check, please let me know. Thank you so much.

A lot of checks!

kuoweiwang said:
happycake

I also got this system check reply. I actually asked the same questions in many forums about what the system check is and it seems no one knows. Lets wait and c.
Folks,
I asked my lawyer on the various sub-processes in I-485 (like FP, Name check)..This is what she said..

Every applicant for an immigration benefit, especially permanent cases, must clear several databases, not just the FBI databases. The check could be against 30 or more databases or shared government database. Because of the heightened security issues in the US, the checks are taking longer.

Seems like Patience is the Key...

I 485..ND 04/20, FP 05/06

5 receipt number

dianaghuang said:
Happycake: could you tell me what information they asked to help you find out the name check status. like EAC number, alian number? and anything else?

and I'm also wondering if the case is with other service center( mine is in VSC) , would they be able to find the name check status out?

Thanks

hi, they just asked my receipt number of I-485 and my name.
That's it.

A# only

I called yesterday and officer only asked for A#, and then told us the status of the 485. Both mine and my spouse's are Name Check Pending, but our kid's has been cleared. Since some lucky guys got clear in serveral days and others got cleared in 2 or 3 years, it seems that there is no one got cleared in 120 days (4 months) or so stated in FBI website. Either too fast or too slow, and there is no in between.

Happycake said:
hi, they just asked my receipt number of I-485 and my name.
That's it.