Evidence missing statement in n400 receipt notice

uspass

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My receipt states there is some evidence missing and that I will be asked to produce that at the time of interview.. It does not say what though?

I remember seeing a few having similar issues in the forum but could not find the thread.. My spouse's application did not have this missing note.

I guess this is regarding the traffic violations I mentioned.. Not sure what I should produce. While I paid the small fines I dont have any receipt/ack with me.

please advise if you know.

Thanks

Don't worry about it....it is a generic letter that gets sent out. My receipt stated the same thing (ie. missing evidence) and at the Interview, the IO didn't ask me for anything more.

Just bring along the evidence that you've settled the traffic ticket just in case they ask you for it (as well as the other usual things like GC, passport etc) and you should be fine.

happigal said:
Don't worry about it....it is a generic letter that gets sent out. My receipt stated the same thing (ie. missing evidence) and at the Interview, the IO didn't ask me for anything more.

Just bring along the evidence that you've settled the traffic ticket just in case they ask you for it (as well as the other usual things like GC, passport etc) and you should be fine.

Thanks. How did you go about getting the evidence for traffic fine settlement.
Its so old that I dont have anything (before GC period)

uspass said:
Thanks. How did you go about getting the evidence for traffic fine settlement.
Its so old that I dont have anything (before GC period)

I went to traffic court and asked them for a print out tyat stated ther status of the citation. I also went to DMV and asked them for a printout of my record.

Since your ticket is so old, USCIS probably won't even ask you about it. If you want to be safe, I guess just get your DMV record to show that there's nothing outstanding and you should be fine. :)

Happygal. Good suggestion. I will do that for what its worth.
A friend of mine mentioned that we are not required to mention small time violations under $500.. but I was unaware of that - not sure if that is true either. Looks like from the forum there are people on both sides of the fence.

uspass said:
Happygal. Good suggestion. I will do that for what its worth.
A friend of mine mentioned that we are not required to mention small time violations under $500.. but I was unaware of that - not sure if that is true either. Looks like from the forum there are people on both sides of the fence.

The N-400 instructions say you don't need to provide documentation for offenses with fines under $500 and no arrest. That means you do still have to include them in the list of citations, but you don't need to go to the trouble of getting a court certified disposition for small offenses like most traffic tickets.