Every phone call u make delays your adjudication by a month

x yz

Registered Users (C)
well that\'s an exaggeration but at least I got ur attention! does INS have dedicated staff for attending phone calls? aren\'t these IIOs we speak to the very IIOs dealing with our adjudications? knowing this why would anybody call these IIOs and waste their time, unless it\'s a life and death situation? IIOs are anyways inconsistent in their replies and that adds to the confusion. trust me, if your case has been approved u will receive it in mail in 2-3 days. just my 2 cents worth...
cheers!
fellow I-485waiter.

No Title

I agree. It is useless to ask iio when case will be approved. We have been waiting for 5 yrs and I don\'t understand why we can\'t wait another 3 days. It just waste everybody\'s time keep calling asking some questions everybody knows the answers. If you find something wrong and you want make some changes that another story.

No Title

you are right. But I had seen cases where calling IIO had made the case file move from the junkyard to active processing. SOme calls had made the nonreceipt of RFE to resend RFE and it was processed. If that person would have not called IIO to check if his RFE was received he would have waited a longtime before he hears "case denied", there are also examples of such cases in this group. GC helps all of us in many ways to accomplish our dreams, if you are not proactive and active you will be at the end of line and vanish without seeing the end of the tunnel. I had seen people getting the attention of congressman etc., hope they are not doing that just for the fun of it. And more over getting through the phone to speak with an IIO is a miracle, and I don\'t think people are doing that for enjoyment.

No Title

First of all, the IIO\'s who attend phone calls are not the ones who process the cases. There are separate IIO\'s for atteding the phone calls. Their only job is to answer the phone calls and give information on cases. That is why they are called Immigration Information Officers(IIO). They have no power to approve or deny a case. We are wasting nobody\'s time by calling them. Its their job to give information. Having said that, I would recommend anyone whose application is taking longer than it should take to call these IIO\'s and inquire about their case status.

No Title

I dont agree with this, As one of my friend got his case approved but his son didn\'t get approval. So he called up IIO and explained then IIO said, ok let me take this case and order your son directly greencard ie. PLASTIC CARD so he doesn\'t have to goto INS for the passport stamping. My friend asked again, so he doesn\'t have to goto INS atall? he said YES that\'s what I told, and that IIO ordered his son a plastic card from his computer.

Funny ...but that\'s the fact:
cheers

No Title

What you said might be completely true. But that dosen\'t prove that the IIO your friend talked to actually approved the case. From what I know, childern\'s passport does not require a stamp. They get the plastic card directly. The IIO might just be trying to be a hero.

No Title

People whose case have been hanging around for a long time should call and talk to IIO. We have seen many postings in this forum where calling IIO helped in processing.

No Title

We had a similar experience whenonly kids case was not apprvd even after 2months.Finally when we got thru on June 1st the IIO informed us that sometime they donot send courtsey copy for kids.She even took the trouble of taking our telephone number to call us back.Tried again after few days only to realise thatIIO definately make a note on the system when a individual calls.She not only told us that letter was dispatched but told us the name of the iio whom I had spoken on June1st. There is no harmin calling IIO as long as one remembers this, that IIo whom you talk, makes a remark on your case that he attended a call from the individual whatever the query is.So whatever the frustrations, while talking to them be extremely courteous and cautious.Just want to let you know our experience.

No Title

Guys looks like we have nothing better to discuss so we are coming up with stupid topics to discuss. IIOs are taking calls all the day and thats their job. They are not adjucating anybody\'s case. So it doesn\'t matter if they take your call or somebody. So whats the point of discussion.

Sometimes calling them can really be good (like they linked my I485 with ammended I140) and sometimes its just to satisify your curiosity. Whats the harm?

And I agree with Ashok, please be courteous with them.