• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EU cutoff for March

Really? Cool ;)

Then my prediction 17400 was not bad :) Great increase :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its seems like the majority of europeans who won DV 2008 are very reluctant to move to the States. The dollar is at an all time low against the euro and pounds, and the economy isn't as great as it was probably 7 yrs go. I guess thats why the cut-off number keeps moving that fast.

Its seems like the majority of europeans who won DV 2008 are very reluctant to move to the States. The dollar is at an all time low against the euro and pounds, and the economy isn't as great as it was probably 7 yrs go. I guess thats why the cut-off number keeps moving that fast.

I think you have got a very good point there...dollar is down big time against Euro as well as many other currencies in the European zone countries, Turkey for example, dollar lost 10 percent in a year and still going down. I would even consider not to pursue dv visa if I had never been to U.S. before.

The dollar being low would make it an even better time to emigrate.
you get more for your euro/pound/unit of Turkish currency.

The dollar being low would make it an even better time to emigrate.
you get more for your euro/pound/unit of Turkish currency.

It all depends how you view the dollar depreciation against other currencies especially if you have to give up your job and all your contacts in your native country. Many of us go to US not only to live there, maybe someday come back to our countries for retirement after making savings in the US. If we had so much cash on our hands and owned properties worthwhile, would you think ever moving to US. We are moving to US because we do not have enough, in other words, we are not very well off.. Of course, you are right in your assumption in short term, if you have great amount of money in your own currency and will turn into dollar and invest in US. But believe me that is not so, is there any guaranty that the dollar won't deprecite any more, and my friend, the recession is very near for the US economy, you what happens when there is recession? people get laid off, and look for any job which will pay less..these are the facts, at least from my perspective..look at the latest news:(((WASHINGTON — The Bush administration and congressional leaders, increasingly concerned about a possible recession, are moving closer to agreeing on an economic stimulus package, Washington officials said Friday.)) I hope when we get there it won't be that bad for us...the US economy is really in trouble with the mortgage problem...

It all depends how you view the dollar depreciation against other currencies especially if you have to give up your job and all your contacts in your native country. Many of us go to US not only to live there, maybe someday come back to our countries for retirement after making savings in the US. If we had so much cash on our hands and owned properties worthwhile, would you think ever moving to US. We are moving to US because we do not have enough, in other words, we are not very well off.. Of course, you are right in your assumption in short term, if you have great amount of money in your own currency and will turn into dollar and invest in US. But believe me that is not so, is there any guaranty that the dollar won't deprecite any more, and my friend, the recession is very near for the US economy, you what happens when there is recession? people get laid off, and look for any job which will pay less..these are the facts, at least from my perspective..look at the latest news:(((WASHINGTON — The Bush administration and congressional leaders, increasingly concerned about a possible recession, are moving closer to agreeing on an economic stimulus package, Washington officials said Friday.)) I hope when we get there it won't be that bad for us...the US economy is really in trouble with the mortgage problem...

I hear you and I agree. I think that there is a recession on the way, but i don't think it's limited to the US. I think The EU, and Britian in particular, is also going that way.
as you say, it all depends on individual circumstance.
for me, I intend to live there permantently so I'm not worried about the 'converting back' element.
However, for those that are, I think that these things are cyclical and the dollar will rise again and it will fall again, etc.
Depends on the circumstances on your return if it will be in your favour or not.

Regardless of this, the bootom line is the less people that want to emigrate, the better it id for us!