ETA 750 Question

Iam also in the same situation. I did 3 years B.Sc maths and Masters diploma in computers from NIIT. Applied for 140 in jan.
i don't know about my situation.
please suggest me do i need to prepare for evaluation again
thanks

sree234,

Afaik GNIIT offered by NIIT is not a US accredited degree and cannot be in conjunction with B.Sc degree to equate with a US Bachelor degree.

Might want to seek suggestions from people with similar background on how they tackled this issue...

Cheers

zbcx123 said:
sree234,

Afaik GNIIT offered by NIIT is not a US accredited degree and cannot be in conjunction with B.Sc degree to equate with a US Bachelor degree.

Might want to seek suggestions from people with similar background on how they tackled this issue...

Cheers

Sree234

Please Let me know if you find any folks who have handled this type of case. I am also in the same boat.

I have 3 yrs bachelors in maths, one yr diploma in Apple and has 12 yrs of experience.

But my attorney put in the ETA-750 to use my experience too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm in the same boat as sree234.

B.Sc. (Maths, Phy) a diploma from Datapro and 12 years of progressive experience. I had the evaluation done. It came as equivalent to Bachelor of Computer Science. Filed under EB3. My lawyer is very confident that it won't be an issue.

thanks
My attorney used the experiance certificates also when filing 140. 10 years of experiance.

best of luck to everyone who are in my situation.

what i heard from some guys is
For educational purpose it is not equivalent to Bachalors
is that true?
thanks

Hdixit,

Where you had your educational evaluation from? Can I know the Institution Name.

thanks
veeresh

Yes... Even if you possess 20 years of experience, you cannot claim your 3 year degree to be equivalent to a US Bachelors degree.

But you never konw, USCIS doesn't follow the book at all times and you could be the lucky one - its all about the mood of the person working on your case.

zbcx123 said:
Yes... Even if you possess 20 years of experience, you cannot claim your 3 year degree to be equivalent to a US Bachelors degree.

But you never konw, USCIS doesn't follow the book at all times and you could be the lucky one - its all about the mood of the person working on your case.

That is true but if you have the wording like, "combination of education/experience" in your LC, you have better chances of getting I-140.

My 750A has the words,

column14: “BS in Comp Sci. or equivalent*”
Column15: “*Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted.”

Wording matters

Folks I think it all depends on the wording of your labor cert. My labor cert. say -
Col 14: BS
Major filed of study: Computer Sc.
Col 15: 5 years of experience in ....

I have a 4 year B.E degree in Computer Sc & Eng. from a reputed college in India and more than 7 years of experience. They issued a RFE regarding my education credential evaluation. Since the term 'equivalent' has not been mentioned in my labor cert, I'm worried if they will deny my application as B.E Comp Sc. is only equivalent to BS Comp Sc, but its not really BS Comp Sc. I think my category is EB2 (but not sure, how do you find that out?)

Gurus any comments?

gc80,

You can find out the category (EB2/EB3) by referring to the "Section" box of your I-140 Receipt. It will either have "Mem of Profession w/Adv Degree or of Exception Ability" (EB2) or "Skiller worker/professional" (EB3).

You are right - It all depends on the wording on L.C. Though we can always hope to get away with slight variations, we will have to be on the edge until the approval actually comes thru.

Cheers

Found an answer to my question.

Guys,
I have finally found an answer to my question. The link below clearly indicates that as long as the ETA 750 mentions that Bachelors with 5 years of progressive experience will be accepted in lieu of Masters and one year of experience, the case should be approved, if the beneficiary qualifies to Bachelors and 5 years of experience. It will be a problem only if the one year experience required along with Masters is to be post magisterial experience. This puts down a big load of my head.

http://uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/in...30/fr-65064?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali.

I think so!

GC_Kaavaali said:
Guys,
If it is stated that a position requires Masters and one year of experience but also stated that Bachelors with 5 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of Masters and one year of experience will be accepted, in the Labor, would that qualify a person with Bachelors and 5 years of experience to the position?

I have posted this question several times but no answer, so I am posting it once again.

Please share your views.

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali