• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Estimated time before Interview (DV 2013: Case number 74XX from Ethiopia)

darkelf

Registered Users (C)
All,
Can someone please clarify when I can expect to be called for an interview, considering that my country of charge ability is Ethiopia, Africa and my case number is 74XX ? Are we talking sometime this October or maybe towards the later part of the year? If it makes any difference, I am seriously considering doing an Adjustment of States. (I am currently in the United States on an F1 Visa)

Thanks

If it makes any difference, I am seriously considering doing an Adjustment of States. (I am currently in the United States on an F1 Visa)
Whether you are inside (Adjustment of Status) or outside (Consular Processing) the USA, does not affect when your interview will be. The only thing that determines the time of the interview is your case number.

Can someone please clarify when I can expect to be called for an interview, considering that my country of charge ability is Ethiopia, Africa and my case number is 74XX ? Are we talking sometime this October or maybe towards the later part of the year?
Going by past visa bulletins, your interview would possibly be as early as June 2013 or as late as September 2013. It will not be in 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by past , your interview would possibly be as early as June 2013 or as late as September 2013. It will not be in 2012.

Thanks for the link. I am a bit confused (maybe, I am reading the link wrong). I see that Ethiopia's cut off has been roughly 10000 by November of both 2011 and 2012, doesn't that mean people who have their case numbers less than 10000 become "current"??

All,
Can someone please clarify when I can expect to be called for an interview, considering that my country of charge ability is Ethiopia, Africa and my case number is 74XX ? Are we talking sometime this October or maybe towards the later part of the year? If it makes any difference, I am seriously considering doing an Adjustment of States. (I am currently in the United States on an F1 Visa)

Thanks
Based on your case number, your interview is likely to be in October or November 2012. You can start preparation now.

Thanks for the link. I am a bit confused (maybe, I am reading the link wrong). I see that Ethiopia's cut off has been roughly 10000 by November of both 2011 and 2012, doesn't that mean people who have their case numbers less than 10000 become "current"??
Apologies, I read wrongly. I read your number as 74,000 in stead of 7,400 - that is why I said it would not be current in 2012. You are quite right, your number would very likely be current this year.

My 2013 dv lottery

Please kindly help me to know what are my chances. I won the dv2013 and only saw my result this may 2013. I have already posted all the required documents to kentucky consular. My case number is 77xxx. What are my chances
i am in cameroon
urgent reply waiting
more over, when should i be expecting the reply email from the kentucky consular>
bye for now
urgent reply waiting

The June visa bulletin had July advanced notice up to 66,700 - a jump of 10700 in a month. The 10k number is a bit higher than the average, but they may be able to do that again - so your number might be on the advanced notice for August (i.e. on the July bulletin), but it might get just squeezed into September. At least you won't miss out - your number will be current in time.

So - be sure that you have filled in and returned your forms. If there is anything you need to correct on those forms you still have time to do so - but do that quickly. Then make sure you are getting all your civil papers together ready for the interview and be ready to schedule the medical. Also, post your consular office choice here, because some are more likely to do administrative processing. If you have an interview in September and have to do AP, you would miss the deadline, so you need to do everything you can to make sure you are fully prepared.

Good luck!

Re My dv 2013 lottery

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. i am happy
it will help me very much to prepare ahead of the event.
remain blessed.
love paolojean

Dv lottery 2014 travel period

Please i will like someone to help, to let me know when i should expect my first letter from kentucky usa. I won the dvlottery 2014.

Dv lottery 2014 travel period

Please i will like someone to help, to let me know when i should expect my first letter from kentucky usa. I won the dvlottery 2014.also what are the different steps ahead of me.

Please i will like someone to help, to let me know when i should expect my first letter from kentucky usa. I won the dvlottery 2014.

if you won the dvlottery 2014, that means you got your first letter. now you have to send DS-122 , DS-230 and 2 photos to KCC.

Expected date of interview

Hello,

i was winner of 2013. with CN: 2013AF00075xxx Pls when can be my EXPECTED DATE of interview? any help ??

Your number is now current, so you should have an interview date arranged within a few days. Don't wait for a letter, you can check it online (the status check link).

Last edited by a moderator:
Estimated interview date

Hello my CN: 2013AF00092xxx. i am wondering if i would be able to make the cut off. i also want to know if it is required to do the medical exam before the interview because i was told that some people are not required to. I just wanted some advice on this please.

Thanks

Hello my CN: 2013AF00092xxx. i am wondering if i would be able to make the cut off. i also want to know if it is required to do the medical exam before the interview because i was told that some people are not required to. I just wanted some advice on this please.

Thanks

You might - given how the numbers have been going in the last few months I would say it is likely you will be current in September.

No-one is exempted from the medical, you will not get your visa without it. And given that if you do get current in Sept you'll have no time for delays, I wouldn't risk not following the instructions exactly.