Error in Plastic card

AG Manny

Folks,
I received my plastic card on 11th. But there is mis-spelling in my name. As per my understanding I have to go to the nearest INS, which is NewarK,NJ and submit the I90 form, along with my original Plastic card.

Can anybody comment on this?

Does anybody have a similar experience with the Newark,NJ office. How long does it take for a new card to arrive?

I am contemplating whether to do this or not, since the mis-spelling is not major, there is an extra letter in the middle (and it is not very obvious).

Thanks,

You should

Its always better to get the correction done. I have a similiar issue on my card and am planning to get it corrected.

Its better safe than sorry. If your luck is bad someday, even an unnoticable mistake could do harm to you. And you don\'t want to take chances if you ar eplanning on filing for citizenship.

About the time....on the phone they say that it could take 6 months. Don\'t know for sure how long it will take. Make sure you attach the top part of your receipt (the letter you got along with your card). The top portion is treable and has a note saying "Attach to speed up processing". Attach that to your application. Maybe that will speed it up.