• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Error in DSP-122 (DV-2012)

drey

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can give me any info regarding the following situation:

My wife was one of the selected for further processing in DV-2012. We filled out the first forms (DSP-122 and DS-230) and already mailed them to Kentucky. She is eligible based on her education, however in DSP-122 form, in "work experience" field (#7) we wrote that she also qualifies based on her former profession. Today we realized that this occupation does not fall in the right zone. Do you think it will be considered as a fraud or misrepresentation? The forms have already been sent out. We are completely freaked out! Just want to hear your opinions on that...

Once she qualifies via education then she should have no problem once she can prove it with her educational certificates. The work experience question is just general info and becomes relevant if you do not qualify via education. Once you did not lie on the forms then all should be well.

sonibago, thanks a lot for your answer. Of course, we are not trying to lie, we just weren't being attentive. I just hope everything works out well. Thank you.

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can give me any info regarding the following situation:

My wife was one of the selected for further processing in DV-2012. We filled out the first forms (DSP-122 and DS-230) and already mailed them to Kentucky. She is eligible based on her education, however in DSP-122 form, in "work experience" field (#7) we wrote that she also qualifies based on her former profession. Today we realized that this occupation does not fall in the right zone. Do you think it will be considered as a fraud or misrepresentation? The forms have already been sent out. We are completely freaked out! Just want to hear your opinions on that...

Hi,
I am also a selectee of DV lottery 2012. My question is that can we send the application to KCC now? I was told by the immigration lawyer that we have to wait until 10/01/2011, the beginning of FY-2012 to submit the application, otherwise they will not accept it now since the DV lottery 2011 is still in process.

Hi,
I am also a selectee of DV lottery 2012. My question is that can we send the application to KCC now? I was told by the immigration lawyer that we have to wait until 10/01/2011, the beginning of FY-2012 to submit the application, otherwise they will not accept it now since the DV lottery 2011 is still in process.

You should send the DSP-122 (+/- DS-230 parts I & 2 if you are not in the US), 2 photo ID's and the barcode from the selectee letter to the Kentucky Consular Center ASAP!
this is a vital step in the further processing of selectees in the DV lottery process...

As for applying for AOS (adjustment of status) you will have to wait until your category is clear (Oct 1st at earliest)