• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Error in country of chargeability and case Number

Nadia Nina

Hello all, i'm a winner in DV lottery this year, there is an error in my application processing. when i entered my DV, i entered Algeria as country of birth and nationality, i also applied based on Algeria as eligibility country. i mentioned Ireland as where i live now and i wrote my Irish address in the mailing section because i live in Ireland. Now my country of chargeability is Ireland and my case number is EU0000XXXX. now just to confirm it is impossible that i made any mistake all the information i entered were correct. people are telling me that your country of chargeability should be Algeria and your case number should include AF not EU. i sent an email to KCC explaining the situation and seekin for clarification. does this disqualify me? i know i did not make any mistake, there is noway i entered Ireland as place of birth or nationality. i do not know if is is an error by the system or it is okay and they did it for a reason.
what are your thoughts on that? anybody have the same case?

Unfortunately, you will be disqualified/denied should you decide to proceed with this selection, not unless you’re married to an Irish spouse in which case you can then claim cross chargeability to your spouse’s country of birth.

Unless you have a screenshot or saved version of your entry submission, you cannot be completely certain you did not make a mistake on your entry. The explanation for what happened is quite simple. Yes you correctly listed Algeria as your COB, however for the following question after that, you most likely selected Ireland as your chargeability country because you live in Ireland. We’ve seen selectees making this mistake year after year, of selecting their country of residence as their chargeability country. This is not a system generated error, it is the result of a wrong chargeability selection on the part of the applicant.

Unfortunately, you will be disqualified/denied should you decide to proceed with this selection, not unless you’re married to an Irish spouse in which case you can then claim cross chargeability to your spouse’s country of birth.

Unless you have a screenshot or saved version of your entry submission, you cannot be completely certain you did not make a mistake on your entry. The explanation for what happened is quite simple. Yes you correctly listed Algeria as your COB, however for the following question after that, you most likely selected Ireland as your chargeability country because you live in Ireland. We’ve seen selectees making this mistake year after year, of selecting their country of residence as their chargeability country. This is not a system generated error, it is the result of a wrong chargeability selection on the part of the applicant.
no i sure of what i did, i carefully selected Algeria as country of eligibility because the instructions were clear that your country of eligibility has nothing to do with where you live now.

Well you have no evidence to show you actually did that, so whether you admit the error was from your end or not, the outcome will still be the same. A denial.

Well you have no evidence to show you actually did that, so whether you admit the error was from your end or not, the outcome will still be the same. A denial.
well... KCC have the details of my application. what do you mean there is no evidence???

Read my post again. I never said there is no evidence. What I said or wrote was that YOU personally have no evidence to backup what you are claiming to have submitted.

Yes KCC has everyone’s entry submission, they however will not provide you with that information. And I might has well break the news to you that KCC will not respond to your email with specifics of your entry or how you ended up with a EU region CN. I however look forward to being proven wrong when/if you return to update us on a response from KCC that actually addresses your issue.

well... KCC have the details of my application. what do you mean there is no evidence???
It’s KCC who assigned you to ireland so one has to assume that is the details of the application they have.
My understanding is that it is all done via the computer systems, ie, the chargeability country is automatically derived from what it is entered on the entry form. That means the only room for a mistake is on the part of the entrant.

Read my post again. I never said there is no evidence. What I said or wrote was that YOU personally have no evidence to backup what you are claiming to have submitted.

Yes KCC has everyone’s entry submission, they however will not provide you with that information. And I might has well break the news to you that KCC will not respond to your email with specifics of your entry or how you ended up with a EU region CN. I however look forward to being proven wrong when/if you return to update us on a response from KCC that actually addresses your issue.

i can tell a lot about your personality and psyche.... you are dealing with a researcher with the highest level of education, do not jump to conclusions and what you think does not reflect reality, they are your assumptions. i will call KCC tomorrow
they will investigate my issue and provide clarifications.

Oh wow! Really??? You know about my personality and psych? Okay :)

View attachment 4794
Don’t you love it when people come on and seem to assume they are the only DV selectees ever to have a PhD and/or have graduated from a top global university? Anyway I look forward to hearing OP’s reporting back of how KCC responds to their inquiry (which will have nothing to do with the day job of the inquirer).

Don’t you love it when people come on and seem to assume they are the only DV selectees ever to have a PhD and/or have graduated from a top global university? Anyway I look forward to hearing OP’s reporting back of how KCC responds to their inquiry (which will have nothing to do with the day job of the inquirer).
Yup! Me too, looking forward to the update.

i'm really sorry. everything will be alright in your life just be happy, you deserve to be happy.
Mistakes happen, even the sharpest of us make mistakes. And doing research and filing a simple DV form correctly have no correlation at all.

I know your situation is worse than not being selected at all.

Goodluck with KCC, and yes, we all deserve to be happy. But I hope KCC can fix this for you.

Oh, and one more thing, I am sure most of us in the forum Sm1smom has helped get our green cards have highest education, some have Ivy League education too.

Peace.

why are you looking for updates since you are sure of your answers dear consulates!!!!!! :p

Just to point out, there are two questions on the entry regarding chargeability. The question number 5 is place of birth. I'm sure you chose Algrria as you said.

However, question 6 is ONLY answered in cases where your chargeability is different for some reason than your place of birth. SO contrary to your assertion that you entered Algeria again, I am sure you didn't. That in itself would have been a mistake.

So, what did you select? Are we to believe that they picked an EU region country which just happens to correlate to your Ireland connection. That would be a coincidence, huh.

And then we would have to assume that the system only misselected your entry, whilst handling 25 million other entries with accuracy.

So obviously you screwed up. SM1SMOM, Susie and I have been advising people on DV lottery for.over 10 years each. You have been given free accurate advice and information. KcC will not tell you anything useful. You are welcome to spend your time and money if you wish. But that would be a daft thing to do.