ergently need advise, AS7 back to China

linwai

I am glad to find this forum and I found many useful information here. I got GC based on my wife's Asylum, with category of AS7. I know the same question has been asked many times, but I just want to know if there is something sepecial I should prepair if the COP is China. If there are anyone who has similar experience, I would appreciate if you can share it with me.

My father is sick, so I need to go back asap. I have never traveled outside US since I came here 7 years ago.

What document I need to take in the trip? Just valid Chinese passport and greencard are enough?
Before I come back from China to US, do I need to go to US consulate to get any documentation? Or I just go straight to the airport with my valid Chinese passport and greencard?

In the airport, will I questioned by Chinese officers since I am holding AS category GC?

Thanks everyone who check my post!

I have a valid Chinese National Passport and AS7 GC. Can I apply for Reentry Permit which does not have category on it, and hopefully at Chinese entry, they will not raise any question about my AS7 status. Anyone know it is possible to use NP+Reentry Permit to visit COP? And how long it may take to get Reentry Permit from applying.

Someone, please advise!!!

1. I dont think China will let you in the country with neither a RTD or Reentry Permit, since you are a Chinesse National. You must use ur NP.

2. You can apply for a Reentrpermit or RTD, the category in both will be Permanent Resident... but in your case will be useless since you need ur NP to enter China anyways...

3. You can use NP+Reentry+GC, but that will make CIS think that you applied for a reentry permit because you r planning to stay out of the US more tha 6 months. (Remember, Reentry Permit, is USUALLY used to preserve your US residency if planning to stay out of the US more than 6 months)

4. Reentry Permit takes around 3 to 4 months, sometimes 3 months, sometimes 5 months... it depends of the season and the amount of applications... but in average 3 months.

5. If you want to go your ex-COP you will only need your NP and GC

Last edited by a moderator:
valid NP+CG will be enough to travel outside US

I am glad to find this forum and I found many useful information here. I got GC based on my wife's Asylum, with category of AS7. I know the same question has been asked many times, but I just want to know if there is something sepecial I should prepair if the COP is China. If there are anyone who has similar experience, I would appreciate if you can share it with me.

My father is sick, so I need to go back asap. I have never traveled outside US since I came here 7 years ago.

What document I need to take in the trip? Just valid Chinese passport and greencard are enough?
Before I come back from China to US, do I need to go to US consulate to get any documentation? Or I just go straight to the airport with my valid Chinese passport and greencard?

In the airport, will I questioned by Chinese officers since I am holding AS category GC?

Thanks everyone who check my post!
Hi linwai
Valid NP + GC would be enough to travel outside and return back to US.
I'm not sure what do you mean by this question: "Before I come back from China to US, do I need to go to US consulate to get any documentation?" You don't need to go to US consulate unless you would loose your GC for example, than in order to return to US you would need get a transportation letter.
Also, nothing sepecial you should prepair even though you will be visiting COP. Although you are derivative asylee (AS7) for peace of mind you can secure youself with doctor note where in English will be stated your father's bad condition just in case you will get noisy ImmOfficer on you way back to US, so you would be able to back up youself somehow.
But otherwise good luck with your trip! :)

Thank you all so much for your answers. I will try to use NP+GC to go back. I will update my experience later

be carefull of chinese immigration .they might put you in jail for betrayal .if they find out that you applied for asylum in usa .

I dont know i am not from china but i think powerfull country like china keeps track of its citizens out of the country. i think you should be fine if you have a valid passport +GC.if i were u i would hide my travel document .just for safety.
good luck with your trip