Eoir 42b visa availability for FY 2019

can someone help me understand the whole process of COR!
me and my husband were granted back on 11/06/19 in San Francisco. I keep checking at eoir cases but nothing!

Does anyone know the process after you the approval letter from the immigration judge? Do we actually have to go to an appointment with uscis? If so how do they contact you? By mail, email? My Laywer said we would go get my husband’s passport stamped but I thought someone said once you send the approval to uscis & they just automatically send you the green card in the mail. And basically you do nothing , no biometrics nothing? Just curious bc my husband was approved about 3 weeks ago and I’m not 100% how this will finish out. I like to know all the steps & overly excited

Does anyone know the process after you the approval letter from the immigration judge? Do we actually have to go to an appointment with uscis? If so how do they contact you? By mail, email? My Laywer said we would go get my husband’s passport stamped but I thought someone said once you send the approval to uscis & they just automatically send you the green card in the mail. And basically you do nothing , no biometrics nothing? Just curious bc my husband was approved about 3 weeks ago and I’m not 100% how this will finish out. I like to know all the steps & overly excited
I’ve heard people saying to request an info pass appointment as soon as you see the approval. They give you a call to schedule that.

My friend's husband had to do an infopass appointment and he was asked for his approval letter and his passport not sure on what else. They checked his info and made sure everything looked good and his GC was mailed couple weeks later. Not 100% sure if that's how it goes but I do know that an infopass appointment has to be made.

Last edited:
My friend's husband had to to an infopass appointment and he was asked for his approval letter and his passport not sure on what else. They checked his info and made sure everything looked good and his GC was mailed couple weeks later. Not 100% sure if that's how it goes but I do know that an infopass appointment has to be made.
Thank you and information is definitely welcomed !

We (Husband & I ) had our infopass appointment today. Even though they were at different times, we were both allowed in at the same time.
Although we came in about 15 minutes early, we had to wait way past our appointment time (about 45 minutes) since there was only 1 person working.
She was very gracious and kind. She apologized for our wait and then asked for any form of ID, and the letter from the judge granting our COR.
I gave her my passport & a temporary driver's license (My work permit & DL are expired but), and my husband showed a Valid Driver's License.
She took our fingerprints and a picture for both of us. She told us it could take up to 90 days to get our cards mailed to us since they still had to request our file (from the judge's office I presume). Meanwhile, she stamped our passports, (Even my husband's which is expired). This allows us to work and travel (overseas) for a year. She told my husband that he could bring his new passport which we are in the process of renewing for a stamp, in case our green card had not arrived by the time we were ready to travel.
I have learned so much of the process from almost everyone here and felt that I should share my experience here too, in the hope that it will help someone else.
This group gave me, a sense of belonging because out here, few people really understand what we are going through.
Members here gave me hope, because, we need it, and sometimes that is all we can do, hope. This moment is bittersweet. I feel like I am leaving, much like we all did, maybe when we left our homelands to come here. I have peace of mind and feel like I have to sign off with this post. Yet there are many here who are still waiting. I know how truly painful this process can be so I hope and pray for a good end, a GREAT one. Peace, out.

We (Husband & I ) had our infopass appointment today. Even though they were at different times, we were both allowed in at the same time.
Although we came in about 15 minutes early, we had to wait way past our appointment time (about 45 minutes) since there was only 1 person working.
She was very gracious and kind. She apologized for our wait and then asked for any form of ID, and the letter from the judge granting our COR.
I gave her my passport & a temporary driver's license (My work permit & DL are expired but), and my husband showed a Valid Driver's License.
She took our fingerprints and a picture for both of us. She told us it could take up to 90 days to get our cards mailed to us since they still had to request our file (from the judge's office I presume). Meanwhile, she stamped our passports, (Even my husband's which is expired). This allows us to work and travel (overseas) for a year. She told my husband that he could bring his new passport which we are in the process of renewing for a stamp, in case our green card had not arrived by the time we were ready to travel.
I have learned so much of the process from almost everyone here and felt that I should share my experience here too, in the hope that it will help someone else.
This group gave me, a sense of belonging because out here, few people really understand what we are going through.
Members here gave me hope, because, we need it, and sometimes that is all we can do, hope. This moment is bittersweet. I feel like I am leaving, much like we all did, maybe when we left our homelands to come here. I have peace of mind and feel like I have to sign off with this post. Yet there are many here who are still waiting. I know how truly painful this process can be so I hope and pray for a good end, a GREAT one. Peace, out.
Congratulations!!!