Eoir 42b visa availability for FY 2019

It’s been only 6 months since my court. Feels like 3-4 years I’ve been waiting :))
Looking forward to get my Green card and go back home, see my family and friends :)

Hello Everyone - just created a profile so that I could contribute to the conversation!
Cancellation of removal due to hardship
Our rough timeline is that my (MEX) husband's immigration journey started here in Columbus, Ohio in 2009 - he finally had his individual hearing in Cleveland, OH in April 2021... so if you do your math, you can see we have been on this journey for over 11yrs now! In Ohio, the IJ is not allowed to give a verbal decision but instead stated that if we do not hear anything buy July 2021 then it is an approval. The approval letter will be sent to our attorney only. An approval will only be granted via letter when a visa is available. There has been no indication of when this specific type of visa (EOIR 42B - Cancellation of Removal) will be available for my husband. Status like others, is "this case is pending".

Hello Everyone - just created a profile so that I could contribute to the conversation!
Our rough timeline is that my (MEX) husband's immigration journey started here in Columbus, Ohio in 2009 - he finally had his individual hearing in Cleveland, OH in April 2021... so if you do your math, you can see we have been on this journey for over 11yrs now! In Ohio, the IJ is not allowed to give a verbal decision but instead stated that if we do not hear anything buy July 2021 then it is an approval. The approval letter will be sent to our attorney only. An approval will only be granted via letter when a visa is available. There has been no indication of when this specific type of visa (EOIR 42B - Cancellation of Removal) will be available for my husband. Status like others, is "this case is pending".
Unfortunately, I think most people are now waiting over two years for a visa number to become available due to COVID. We had a verbal approval January 2020. We started our process in 2003, so I understand, but at least the end is in sight.

Last edited:

Hello im new to the group i have my master calendar in Imperial California on 01/15/21 and my individual hearing on 05/25/21 where the judge orally granted me cancellation and put me on the line for when a visa becomes available my court proceedings was very short took only 5 months from the first hearing to the individual hearing but based on what im been reading at this group is totally a different deal for the visa to become available and im gonna have to be patient…

Question ‍♀️
Are they working on 2019 files all ready or
2018 still ?
From what I gather they must be working on May 2019. There has been a couple people with approvals that had May 2019 dates. I believe there are a couple people in this forum that had May 2019 court dates and still haven’t gotten their written approval.

when I called they said that that they release the numbers in batches, and the last batch that was released was for those who were granted up to May 2019
Oh my!!! Wow it's taking forever. This means my husband will probably have to wait another year.