Entry Visa - Please need advice

fak005

Registered Users (C)
Friends I had applied for Indian Entry visa as well as paid $175 for renunciation certificate at Travisa outsource in Houston on May 21 and was told that I should be able to get my passport back in 3-5 days.

It has been 6 business days and haven't got my passport back. I had purchased my tickets for family and my flight is on June 4 to attend wedding in India. That means I only have 3 more days for them to process my renunciation and visa.

Can someone suggest what I can do in this situation as I am concerned I may not get my passports back before my travel date. I have called Travisa outsource and they said its up to consulate and they can't do anything and it passports can come back anyday. It is next to impossible to reach Indian consulate on phone. I am willing to go physically.

Please advice on what actions I should take.

You should get it any day now but the website also says that US citizen of Indian origin will have to wait longer nowadays than usual. Did you check out the 'passport tracker' link on Travisa? If you are not picking up from them directly, the mail will take one more additional day to reach you. Just pray and wait.

Friends I had applied for Indian Entry visa as well as paid $175 for renunciation certificate at Travisa outsource in Houston on May 21 and was told that I should be able to get my passport back in 3-5 days.

It has been 6 business days and haven't got my passport back. I had purchased my tickets for family and my flight is on June 4 to attend wedding in India. That means I only have 3 more days for them to process my renunciation and visa.

Can someone suggest what I can do in this situation as I am concerned I may not get my passports back before my travel date. I have called Travisa outsource and they said its up to consulate and they can't do anything and it passports can come back anyday. It is next to impossible to reach Indian consulate on phone. I am willing to go physically.

Please advice on what actions I should take.

Did you get back you Visa and Renunciation Certificate? I am about to send in the applications and hence the question.

How did managed to get passport in one day.. also I called travisa they informed it takes about 5-6 business day to get entry visa and ren.

I am planning to drive to Dc to apply for same day passport so any tip/advice would be helpful. thx

I mailed my entry visa documents on May 24th, it reached them on 25th, they prepared and sent it to Indian embassy on 27 and got it back delivered to me from Travisa on 2nd.

If you have acquired your citizenship before June 1, you will no longer be needed to sheel out 175$ for certificate of renunciation though I ended up paying and they wouldnt refund me back(that is fine).

I mailed my entry visa documents on May 24th, it reached them on 25th, they prepared and sent it to Indian embassy on 27 and got it back delivered to me from Travisa on 2nd.

If you have acquired your citizenship before June 1, you will no longer be needed to sheel out 175$ for certificate of renunciation though I ended up paying and they wouldnt refund me back(that is fine).

Unfortunately I missed by a day (I got it on June 1st). Anyway did Travisa also send you the renunciation certificate along with the entry visa?

when i applied indian vissa with travisa they sent my us passport with in 5days it was realy quick and i guess realy cheapest on web or google:) but i also had to send my indian passport so they could cancel it but now i have missplaced my indian passport i cant find it but when i go india next month will i have ny problems?coz i dont think so i need any indian passport anymore coz im us citizen wd indian visa n usa passport??

Yes, they sent me renunciation certificate. That just the printout we mail and they sign it back, available on thier website.

If you have your indian visa on your US passport, then that is all you need to travel to India. They ask for renunciation certificate when you apply for entry visa at indian consulate,. but you have that covered.

I sent my passport and application via fedex overnight on 2nd june with two weekends i just got my cancelled INDIAN PASSPORT plus copy of my renunciation certificate. I applied for 5 years multiple ENTRY VISA since i am US citizen. I think travisa had done excellent job. i am oof to INDIA in two days.

All,
There are two Travisa websites that I found. One that you go to from the link on the CGI website, but these guys never pick up the phone (or it has a busy tone). The other (www.travisa.com) I did get a chance to talk to and they seem legit. I was just concerned that the CGI website has a direct link to the first company (indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com) and I have not been able to talk to anyone there. I need to appy for a business visa (along with the renunciation/PP cancellation) for a trip in early December and if I send it to the wrong place, I may nto have enough time to do the process again.

Which company have you all used?

This is the one that I have not been able to talk to at all. The other company does have a section on their website for India, and when I talked to them, they said they process visas for India (at Houston consulate as well).

I called CGI Houston too, the lady started talking to me, then said she needed to put me on a brief hold. I waited 10 minutes, and then someone else came online and told me she had gone to lunch!!

Anyone with experience with either of these two companies?