Entry visa delays at Houston consulate becasue of travisa,houston

Sri74

I had submitted my entry visa application form to Travisa ,Houston on May 24th.
I honestly dont know why it took them more than 5 days to submit it to the consulate. They submitted it on June 1.
This has delayed my processing by a week.
I tried several times to contact the consulate. Everyday I am on hold for atleast 30 -45 min and the phone automatically gets cut.
When I contacted Travisa last week , the lady told me it would take another 5 days.
Today, when I spoke to the agent, she was so rude and told me that if the visa was getting delayed, I should as well cancel my trip. She also indicated that it may take another week for it to process.
I wish somebody talk to these travisa agents at Houston and get things done faster.
One more thing, whenever I call they all they put me on hold for 10 minutes before they even answer.
If these agents had submitted my application on the same day it was received or atleast the next day, perhaps my processing time wouldn't have been delayed so much.
Lets say even if I get me withinw ithiint he next week, I dont know when Travisa people will dispatch it.
My cousin's friend applied for the visa at Travisa Washington Dc and they submitted the application the same day and he got the visa within 5 days.
I wouldnt be able to take my trip this time as I dont know when I will be getting my visa.