Entry into US as a Canadian Citizen after 10 year ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think some time out is required here. This specific thread IS NOT about your clients. You need to stop being rude and disparaging forum members on the basis of not using their real name - that is what a typical forum is about!

My point was simply that my opinions come with a real risk. I am dealing with real clients who need to travel into the United States. There are stakes when I am wrong. Clients pay me money and then travel to Niagara Falls and I need to be right the first time. The implication was put forward that I was misleading people to make money. By people who are remaining anonymous. There is a difference between being an expert based on real life experience and "I read this somewhere". When you tell people "oh your ban is up, just go to the United States" because "you read it on another post" you put the person at significant risk, with no repercussions to yourself. Its a dangerous thing to do. These people are going to spend money buying tickets or attempt to travel and then perhaps get an additional ban. At best they shoudl assume they may not be admissible and go the border and ASK, while declaring they are not there to cross.

Law
Section 212
Read through, a lot of people are inadmissible (including your clients convicted of crimes and controlled substance abuse) says all need waivers to enter (you asked me above to find this, so I did)
When they talk about overstay (immigration violations), they are specifically only inadmissible within the 3 and 10 year ban as applicable, says nothing about waiver like it does with everything else. (This only applies to voluntary departures)

Here is the law https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-2006.html

I’m just going to leave it there, there is no basis for demanding a waiver for overstay if ban is fulfilled according to the law, although all the other criminal stuff you do waivers for it clearly says in law that they are needed; you might do your clients a favor by getting an immigration rights attorney to set up shop wherever you are so that CBP can stop demanding waivers they have no right to.

"you might do your clients a favor by getting an immigration rights attorney to set up shop wherever you are so that CBP can stop demanding waivers they have no right to." Your talking about a country that elected DONALD TRUMP as President. Have you ever been a visible minority and tried to enter the United States? You have no clue how these people feel, and the intimidation factor used. So they should just make a big fuss and "demand their rights"? So that they can get their who family banned? DO you even realize the depths that the United States has descended to from your little pink ivory tower? The United States is not interested in the rule of law and haven't since Vladimir Putin decided who would be President. Maybe take part in a march and fix your OWN problems before telling other people what they "should" do.

So, no argument about the law in that little outburst (which has absolutely no clue btw what ethnicity or anything else I am.) ok, done here.

Well, that went left real quick. John Rogers - you lost me when you said..."I do waivers every day in my office in Brampton. Its all I do, although we do pardons as well, I focus only on the Waivers. To the point where I even would go every Saturday to the Airport to assit people who are waiting in line to hand their waiver in. I have been doing waivers since 1996". Really...you'd go to the airporto_O? Is business really that tough? Wow! Yes, it is common knowledge that the United States prohibits anyone with a criminal record to enter their country without advance permission.

The only legal method for entry into the US with a criminal record is a Waiver (I-192). I personally find it surprising that you....the "expert" on this subject failed to quote specific U.S. immigration law to support your so-called facts. It's true in any case for a foreigner that there is never a guarantee that one will simply just enter the U.S. after the ban is over and more especially with a criminal record and/or (other inadmissibility) or even failure to show and prove ties to ones' native country of citizenry or nationality. It's absurd to make blanket statements.

As someone who has followed this and many threads relating to reentering the U.S. after a ban, I have no reason not to believe a few individuals on this thread and this forum who have successfully waited out their individual 5 or 10 year bans and have successfully entered the U.S. without ANY waiver requirements. People like Hank Moody who by the way is Canadian but a native of Pakistan has shared his story and experience at the port of entry after his 10 year ban was over. Yes, each case is different and what works for one may not work for the next person but honestly, why would these individuals tell us that they successfully entered the U.S. when in fact they did not and were asked to file a waiver? :rolleyes::confused:

Not sure what this "Jason Rogers" guy was going on about ...but thanks @Sm1smom for the quick action.

Just my 2 cents.

Q45 the people on this board that do nothing but quote things they read and cut and paste are not knowledgeable. They have no practical experience. You criticize me because I "failed to quote specific U.S. immigration law to support your so-called facts" I know my facts, my livehood depends on it. Also again I point out that while I use my real name and I am accountable for my comments, you use an alias.....you are unaccountable and can advise anyone with impunity. Thats dangerous, and its not smart to take advice from someone like you.

Your comment on the Airport is insulting, but more so shows how ill-informed you are. I will educate you properly.

Q45, I got to the airport for a couple of reasons, and they all make me better at my job.

1. I go at 330-4 am so my clients do not have to, and I put their names on the list. They can then sleep in, and show up at 9 am. Oh, you didn't realize thats how it worked? Customer Service

2. While I am there, I converse with other clients, and eventually they show mew their packages. If they are done by companies or lawyers who clearly have done a shoddy job, I tell them. I also tell them for free how to fix it. Immigration Lawyers are my personal pet peeve because they charge between $1500 and $5000 dollars, send an abundance of documents that are just for show, and do the worst job. American Lawyers are usually the worst at this.

3. Some of the people haven't handed in a waiver for 5 years. They have the wrong documents and the wrong requirements. Some people even show up with little or no documents. I give them the proper list and they go home and they come the next week with the proper documents. I also tell them they can come later and sleep in because...I put their name on the list for them. For free. I am there anyways.

4. Homeland Security has actually told me they APPRECIATE me looking at documents, advising the clients when they have the wrong documents etc,. In many cases people have had old outdated documents but because they had hours to wait, they went home and got the documents themselves. I also carry copies of documents. On a typical Saturday I would send 3-10 people home that would have sat in line and wasted their time and the people's time who were waiting.

5. I make money because many people who do waivers on their own have friends or relatives who are unwilling to do the waiver on their own, and they refer these people.

6. I get to see all the waiver that are done and handed in before they are handed in. I see what competitors do, what lawyers do, and I talk to 30-70 people every Saturday. I not only DO waivers every day, I talk waivers and look at waivers every Saturday.

That makes me an expert. A well rounded, and well informed expert. My clients are very happy I keep very plugged in and I don't waste money on advertising. I am busy with referrals. That is why I am CERTAIN when I write something, and you just sound like some person with "2 cents" to add. And I would say what you wrote above is worth about "2 cents".

Hope this clarifies the Airport for you. Again, when you post snide comments about subjects you have no clue about, you look like an idiot.

Q45 the people on this board that do nothing but quote things they read and cut and paste are not knowledgeable. They have no practical experience. You criticize me because I "failed to quote specific U.S. immigration law to support your so-called facts" I know my facts, my livehood depends on it. Also again I point out that while I use my real name and I am accountable for my comments, you use an alias.....you are unaccountable and can advise anyone with impunity. Thats dangerous, and its not smart to take advice from someone like you.

Your comment on the Airport is insulting, but more so shows how ill-informed you are. I will educate you properly.

Q45, I got to the airport for a couple of reasons, and they all make me better at my job.

1. I go at 330-4 am so my clients do not have to, and I put their names on the list. They can then sleep in, and show up at 9 am. Oh, you didn't realize thats how it worked? Customer Service

2. While I am there, I converse with other clients, and eventually they show mew their packages. If they are done by companies or lawyers who clearly have done a shoddy job, I tell them. I also tell them for free how to fix it. Immigration Lawyers are my personal pet peeve because they charge between $1500 and $5000 dollars, send an abundance of documents that are just for show, and do the worst job. American Lawyers are usually the worst at this.

3. Some of the people haven't handed in a waiver for 5 years. They have the wrong documents and the wrong requirements. Some people even show up with little or no documents. I give them the proper list and they go home and they come the next week with the proper documents. I also tell them they can come later and sleep in because...I put their name on the list for them. For free. I am there anyways.

4. Homeland Security has actually told me they APPRECIATE me looking at documents, advising the clients when they have the wrong documents etc,. In many cases people have had old outdated documents but because they had hours to wait, they went home and got the documents themselves. I also carry copies of documents. On a typical Saturday I would send 3-10 people home that would have sat in line and wasted their time and the people's time who were waiting.

5. I make money because many people who do waivers on their own have friends or relatives who are unwilling to do the waiver on their own, and they refer these people.

6. I get to see all the waiver that are done and handed in before they are handed in. I see what competitors do, what lawyers do, and I talk to 30-70 people every Saturday. I not only DO waivers every day, I talk waivers and look at waivers every Saturday.

That makes me an expert. A well rounded, and well informed expert. My clients are very happy I keep very plugged in and I don't waste money on advertising. I am busy with referrals. That is why I am CERTAIN when I write something, and you just sound like some person with "2 cents" to add. And I would say what you wrote above is worth about "2 cents".

Hope this clarifies the Airport for you. Again, when you post snide comments about subjects you have no clue about, you look like an idiot.

Whoa...wait a minute now. You've been politely asked (several times at that) to point or reference the law that states that when one's ban is over, a waiver is required to reenter the U.S. You call that "criticism"...really? Yes, that was my '2 cents' and for your information, I personally have family and a few friends who previously violated U.S. immigration laws (visa overstay beyond a year) and ended up in immigration proceeds. Most left voluntarily as per agreed conditions given by the immigration judge. A 10 year ban was automatically slapped on them the day they departed the U.S. Yes, majority of them relocated to Canada and eventually became Canadian citizens. After 10 years was over, they were able to legally visit the U.S. numerous times without issue as recently as December 2017. Of course, the first couple of visits to the border were lengthy as they had to go to secondary inspection. Because of their past U.S. immigration violations, this was expected. NO WAIVER REQUIRED. NO VISA REQUIRED ON CANADIAN PASSPORT in all cases. They had to answer to some questions regarding past immigration violations, how and when thye became Canadians citizens, previous and current occupation etc. IF they had 'other inadmissibility' it would be a different outcome perhaps as I have already stated. YOU the "expert" do not need to convince me of this.

In saying all of this, it's pretty clear now. You sound very desperate and sadly thirsty for business and am convinced of your motive here. Your attitude quite frankly stinks and calling me an "idiot" for posting my comment is unfortunate. There is nothing in all your posts that suggests you are an "expert".

I will happily ignore your previous and future comments. Have a nice day!

Locking up this thread. No new thread related to the current back and forth should be started or administrative actions will be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.