Entering U.S. on I-551 Stamp

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I will be going for vacation out of the country and re-entering the U.S. using the I-551 stamp in my passport. Given how low-tech the I-551 stamp is, I am very concerned as to what other documents I need to carry to support the authenticity of the stamp? Could you please let me know... anyone recently travelled like that?

I have some other questions as well:

1. Will I have to undergo Secondary Inspection? What does that mean to the Port-of-Entry immigration process?

2. Do I need to fill in a new I-94 Form while entering the country?

3. At the port of entry, can I stand in the line for Permanent Residents and U.S. Citizens?

Thanks!
SK...

sk2002sk said:
Hi Guys,

I will be going for vacation out of the country and re-entering the U.S. using the I-551 stamp in my passport. Given how low-tech the I-551 stamp is, I am very concerned as to what other documents I need to carry to support the authenticity of the stamp?

Good question, I have the same concerns, plus one other:

In the US, They will probably check the computers; the fingerprint and picture will be there (I guess). But how the heck am I going to prove the immigration police in my country that that stamp is a real visa :confused: In my country, you must have a valid visa to whereever you are going (We need visas to go even to the toilet; nobody likes us :rolleyes: ) otherwise they won't let you out.

Reentry

To be safe, take a photocopy of your I-485 approval
notice.
However, the stamp in your pp should be sufficient.

You have to stand on the line "Permanent residents and US citizens",
and there will be no secondary inspection.