ENTERING THE US WITH B2 VISA WHILE WAITING FOR K1

adrilantigua15

Entering the US with a B1 visa while waiting for K1

Hello,

My fiancee, a 19-year-old resident of the Dominican Republic, has a B1 Visa that she obtained a few years ago. It is the one that allows multiple entries. After investigating, we investigated that as long as she spends the same time she spends in the United States in her home country, she should have no problem. For example, if she spends 2 months in the US, she must spend 2 months in her country.

Came to the US on July 4, 2020 and left on September 4, 2020. Then he returned on November 7, 2020 and left on December 12, 2020. In December 2020, I applied for the visa of fiancee K1 to bring her here. and we are still waiting for that. She then came on January 18, 2021 and returned to her country on March 28, 2021. She never had a problem with any of these entries. She now wants to return to the United States this Saturday, July 3 and leave in September.

Our question is, should I come to the United States this July 3? Are you likely to lose your B1 visa?

Thank you very much for the help.

Actually, the rule of thumb usually used is twice as long outside the US as in it. But there is nothing formal, it is up to the discretion of the CBP officer. If your fiancée can still show strong ties to home despite the engagement they may allow hed in. on the other hand a CBP officer might look at that history and think she is spending too much time in the US and abusing the B visa and deny her entry. Hard for anyone here to be definitive. You can always take the chance, if she loses the B visa it won’t affect the K1 application.

Actually, the rule of thumb usually used is twice as long outside the US as in it. But there is nothing formal, it is up to the discretion of the CBP officer. If your fiancée can still show strong ties to home despite the engagement they may allow hed in. on the other hand a CBP officer might look at that history and think she is spending too much time in the US and abusing the B visa and deny her entry. Hard for anyone here to be definitive. You can always take the chance, if she loses the B visa it won’t affect the K1 application.
thanks for the help.
so, another question.... you think she should wait more time before she enter to the USA again?

Entering the US with a B1 visa while waiting for K1

Hello,

My fiancee, a 19-year-old resident of the Dominican Republic, has a B1 Visa that she obtained a few years ago. It is the one that allows multiple entries. After investigating, we investigated that as long as she spends the same time she spends in the United States in her home country, she should have no problem. For example, if she spends 2 months in the US, she must spend 2 months in her country.

Came to the US on July 4, 2020 and left on September 4, 2020. Then he returned on November 7, 2020 and left on December 12, 2020. In December 2020, I applied for the visa of fiancee K1 to bring her here. and we are still waiting for that. She then came on January 18, 2021 and returned to her country on March 28, 2021. She never had a problem with any of these entries. She now wants to return to the United States this Saturday, July 3 and leave in September.

Our question is, should I come to the United States this July 3? Are you likely to lose your B1 visa?

Thank you very much for the help.
Please tell me what you have decided, a difficult situation