Entering on AP in New York

No Title

Nope, but you are taken to the INS supervisor and he/she stamps your papers. The while thing takes about 15-20 min.

No Title

Here is a first hand account - times 4 and it is true of ANY airport (I came in at three different airports)

You wait in the queue till you get to the counter. The guy does some preliminary work, puts stuff in an envelope and asks you to go to the supervisor\'s office. You sit there for a while until someone calls out your name (or a cheap imitation thereof - especially if you are from an unpronouncable part of the world like me). You go to this person and s/he will ask you a few trivial questions (Who has applied for your AOS? What did you go to do?) and then put the stamp on your AP and passport. That\'s it - you are on your (delayed) way.

KP

No Title

How about I-94? They put stamp like "H1-B valid until MM/YY" What do they do in Advance Parole case?

No Title

Folks,

Need your guidance.

I am in 485 stage. Have my EAD and AP.
What supporting documents are meeded at Airport to travel back to US other than valid AP notice and EAD card? Do I need to carry all other documents which I sent to INS alongwith AP application? How about I-94? what date/visa status do they put on I-94?

thanks.

No Title

You might need the original I-485 receipt notice, but in my case the only docs that were requested were: AP & passport. The expiration date is \'until I-485 is adjudicated\'

No Title

You don\'t need anything besides the AP and passport. It wouldn\'t hurt to have a copy of the I-485 notice and even your EAD with you.

The I-94 that is issued usually says D/S (duration of status) or until one year until after the date of your entry.

KP